It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From Washington State...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Greetings all! Newbie here, been meaning to sign up for a while especially since I've gotten good information on this site. Recently picked up a 05 liberty CRD in need of a rebuild at 1:32 on the clock. Turned out a water leak from the EGR raised the interior Engine temperatures which destroyed the 230° Nitrile cylinder sleeve o-rings...10,000's rod journal grind later,...So now I'm going to the next gen common rail diesel engine which likely is the first generation in other countries...Along with the studs, deletes and upgrades I found higher temperature Viton o-rings locally capable of acidic conditions and at cheap upgrade cost as well. If anyone has any information from someone who has tried this un-successfully it would sure be nice to know it now. Certainly wouldn't want to tear into the engine again unnecessarily. Am hoping to have a 500,000+ mile motor. The bottom o-ring is viton from the factory. Typically these are capable of 450+ degrees. I do understand that as long as the coolant is there and everything else is set up right, nitrile o-rings are usually just fine. Will update as well if this doesn't pan out. Either way, the wife and I have agreed these are about the most versatile way to go for our driving modes.

Shalom (peace)!

1991 Mercedes 300D 2.5 Turbo 280,000water injection automated WVO heated system
1992 4Runner V-6 delete/swapped OM617 Mercedes Turbodiesel A340H Overdrive Auto.
1983 Mercedes 300SD 253,000
1985 " " 300D 226,000
2005 Liberty CRD 132,000 Green diesel, sun coast tc, eg out the exhaust, ARP,... :JEEPIN: