It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uhuru from Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi! In September i got my first Jeep, a 2005 KJ CRD Sport with 120k miles. It is super clean thanks to the maintenance and care from the PO, a retired mechanic. I had done some research on the CRD prior to finding this little monster, and have plans to do the essential upgrades available at SasquatchParts.com. I also have a Webasto Thermo Top Evo that I plan on installing and programing for early morning pre-ignition warm-ups. Since the only info I can find on the Webasto install pertains to the older and more expensive Thermo Top C, I will try to document my install as best I can, as soon as I start it. Since I already have the SasquatchParts Battery Tray upgrade, I can say that Webasto definitely changed the mounting bolt pattern from the C to the Evo. I'm hoping to come up with an easy way to mount the Evo to the Battery Tray during this endeavor. I am hoping to lean on the collective knowledge of Lost Jeeps to pull these projects off, and hopefully provide some useful contributions by way of my certain future screw-ups.

Thanks in advance!

https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/products/battery-tray-for-jeep-liberty-2-8l-crd/?attribute_color=Green

2006 Ram2500 MC CTD: Latest project, complete with Death Wobble

Last edited by Hungryman on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ohuru from Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:24 pm 
LOST Member

Get ahold of Redline Automotive in Richland wa... only ones in Washington who actually know how to work on these... oh and also use lm2332 motor oil, that’s a Napa part number for liquimoly 5w40 leichtlauf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

I found Rotella T6 0w-40 at Advance Auto Parts. It seems to be one of the few 0w-40's that has all the certifications that are recommended for the VM R 428. It was on sale too, so I stocked up.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/she ... 11601386-P

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:30 pm 
LOST Member

Again I must recommend the liqui moly leichtlauf 5w40 as it has much higher anti wear properties

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Uhuru from Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

66dodge, I took your advice and exchanged the T6 for the Leichtlauf.

I got the Webasto Thermo Top EVO installed, but not connected to the cooling system yet. I have been flushing the coolant an absurd number of times trying to get all the gunk out, but it just keeps making filthy water each time I drain it. I have done the citric acid flush, followed by backflushing, just like Squeeto describes in his Round 2 post, but I have only succeeded in making more dirty water. I have even backflushed the heater core and EGR cooler individually, still making dirty water. Hopefully one more citric acid & backflush will knock out the rest of this crud.