It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Jeeps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

After quite some time talking about one and looking but not really finding anything that I liked, I finally found the perfect Jeep Liberty.

I stumbled across this 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD surfing on Craigslist one day. It was about 2 hours from my house so I emailed the owner. He said that the drives side front ball joint was broken and it would need to be trailered. No big deal.

I get there and in conversation he mentioned he bought this Jeep to transport hospice nurses from town to his house for his wife, who was suffering from Lime disease. He lived on a one lane dirt road in the hills of PA just across the NY border. He had bought this Jeep about 2 years ago for this reason from a friend of his who worked at the Jeep dealership in town.

At first look the Jeep stated well and checked off all the initial inspection boxes. So we got to work addressing the ball joint to get it on the trailer. I ended up popping out the stud and drilling a hole in the cup. I then put a bolt through the spindle and A arm. Worked out perfectly to get it on the trailer.

Got it home and stated looking things over. It is in very good shape. Very clean all around. It needs some TLC and clean up but will suit my needs for a hunting truck and overland vehicle just fine.

Only problem I have found is the throttle pedal doesn’t return to an idle. The engine will of the pedal is pulled back but it won’t return on its own. New spring? New pedal?

Any ways, plans are to put wheels and tires on it this fall and then a 2.5” lift kit next spring. Any recommendations? I see there is a lot of info here but don’t want to creat a post asking the stupid Newbie questions.

Would also like an EGR delete kit or tune. I called Green Diesel Performance but they no longer support the Libertys. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: New to Jeeps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:30 pm 

Well it looks like the EGR removal kits have all dried up, even on Ebay. Guess the EPA got to them?
But you can still make and install a simple blank in the exhaust feed line going to the EGR valve that will totally eliminate all soot from going into your intake manifold.
You can make the blank out of any thin sheet metal, even a lid from a soup or vegetable can. (see drawing)
Once you blank off the EGR feed line, you should remove the butterfly plate out of the FCV (flow control valve)
Next you can contact Marco, aka Yeti, on this forum for a custom tune that eliminates all the EGR functions and DTCs'. (check engine light)

Need any advice or have questions, just ask...

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
Well it looks like the EGR removal kits have all dried up, even on Ebay. Guess the EPA got to them?
But you can still make and install a simple blank in the exhaust feed line going to the EGR valve that will totally eliminate all soot from going into your intake manifold.
You can make the blank out of any thin sheet metal, even a lid from a soup or vegetable can. (see drawing)
Once you blank off the EGR feed line, you should remove the butterfly plate out of the FCV (flow control valve)
Next you can contact Marco, aka Yeti, on this forum for a custom tune that eliminates all the EGR functions and DTCs'. (check engine light)

Awesome! Thank you.

Waiting on suspension components at the moment. Will most likely tackle this and the timing belt the. Trying to buy a timing belt tool kit from a member here (I think you commented on the same post). I can’t seem to sent the seller a message, I am guessing I don’t have the post count being a new member here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:07 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:

Sounds pretty similar to the way I blocked off the EGR in my pickup (pictured). Welded a slug in the line from the EGR. Left all the emissions stuff in place to make it look correct. Tuned it to keep the engine light off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Parts for the lift from RRO should be arriving mid-week next week!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got the new a-arms in on Wednesday. Called RRO today about the rest of the parts. There was a delay on one strut. Rest of the pets should be in late next week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Finally got all the parts in and my Jeep put together!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:52 am 
LOST Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:16 pm 
LOST Member

Noice!

Facet Fuel Pump, Secondary Fuel Filter
ARPs, 188 Degree Thermostat
GDE Eco Tune Full Torque