It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh Lord, what have I done?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

So, after 3 XJ's [most of which I've still got - but that's another (long, but not particularly interesting) story] & a flirtation with a 4.7 WJ(interesting, but ultimately not very fulfilling) I finally, as of Tuesday, I have a 3.7 KJ, which is the reason I'm here. Even before I "won" it on EvilBay just over a week ago I'd been looking for a new on-line "home" as this model's not particularly well supported on other forums I frequent. :(

It's a black '04 Limited, just short of 120,000 miles (new compared with what I'm used to) which I got from a guy in Devil's Bridge (it's in Wales if anyone's wondering) - an omen? Hopefully not, because - by an extraordinary coincidence - the WJ came from him too. :o

Anyway, that's about 300 miles away but drove back, in the dark, with no real issues. Has a couple of niggling faults which can wait at least 'til Spring. 1st thing I did yesterday morning was to replace the turn signal bulb, which PO said blew on the way to the station to meet me. Intention is only to do essential maintenance for a year & see how I feel about it then. However, this (particularly damp & dismal) morning I couldn't resist going out to it to see if that trick to disable the seat belt warning chime worked - & it did, am soooh pleased! :lol: Got a bit carried away then (sun had come out) & decided to deal with the shifter bezel that wasn't illuminated; PO hadn't bothered 'cos he thought the console had to come out but I thought I knew better - & now wish I hadn't been so clever: replaced the bulb - great! But can't replace the bezel - & I've lost the grub screw that secures the shifter knob! :furious:

That might be the topic of another post - but this is only supposed to be an intro.