It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Been visiting this site for some time, decided to join. Hoping to learn more!

About me - Recently retired engineer who began his career as a mechanic, then college. No stranger to diesel engines as I made my career working on them. In the shed currently: Deere 455 yard tractor, New Holland TC33D tractor, and '96 Dodge Ram Cummins. Past occupant was an '04 VW TDI wife and I literally wore out! Said goodbye to it at 320K mi! :cry:

OK - enough about me. Why I am here. Recently inherited fathers '05 Liberty CRD. Been educating myself on it and this website has been very helpful!! Has just over 100k mi. Just did new tires, brakes, general maintenance. Also just did timing belt. The engineer in me is wanting to see what I can do with perf/MPG/etc. Hoping I can pull from your folks experiences and suggestions on how the CRD works and what can be done to improve above. Thanks for the opportunity to learn!

Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:12 pm 

MLDiesel wrote:
About me - Recently retired engineer who began his career as a mechanic, then college. No stranger to diesel engines as I made my career working on them. In the shed currently: Deere 455 yard tractor, New Holland TC33D tractor, and '96 Dodge Ram Cummins. Past occupant was an '04 VW TDI wife and I literally wore out! Said goodbye to it at 320K mi! :cry:
OK - enough about me. Why I am here. Recently inherited fathers '05 Liberty CRD. Been educating myself on it and this website has been very helpful!! Has just over 100k mi. Just did new tires, brakes, general maintenance. Also just did timing belt. The engineer in me is wanting to see what I can do with perf/MPG/etc. Hoping I can pull from your folks experiences and suggestions on how the CRD works and what can be done to improve above. Thanks for the opportunity to learn!

Welcome to the LOSTJeeps Forum!
Be sure and read the Sam's CRD Noob Guide: lots of valuable information for a new owner.> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207
Please tell us about your Jeep, mods, upgrades, etc...
If you look in "User Control Panel" (top right), and click on "Profile", you can update your Signature, edit your Profile, and add an Avatar if you so desire.
This information greatly helps others when responding to questions or making comments.
Moderator,
:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:11 am 
LOST Member

Howdy! How's your Liberty project?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:37 pm 
LOST Addict

MLDiesel; your quote:

"Been visiting this site for some time, decided to join. Hoping to learn more!"

My reply:

I have sent you an email message through this forum; please check your e-mail address for this message and reply.

Congratulations on being a Liberty CRD owner.

Best regards,

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

cobalt72 wrote:
Howdy! How's your Liberty project?

Greetings Cobalt 72!!

Apologies as I didn't see your post right away.
Project is progressing but baby steps right now. Installed V6 airbox recently. Feels like response has improved slightly but this is subjective. The airbox had a nipple for blowby so I have plumbed the blowby hose to the airbox. Will see how this works regarding oil mist. I installed a K&N filter BTW so if mist is excessive at least I won't wreck the air filter!!
Also cleaned up the MAP sensor - very soot fouled as is expected on CRD's (so I have read). Still too soon to determine if a significant difference in perf/mileage although response seemed to improve a bit more.
I keep a close eye on tire pressures - my dad always had problems keeping the tires holding air. I am not sure why but the aluminum wheels Chrysler uses just don't seem to seal very well. I have had several MOPARs with aluminum wheels and all had the same issue to various levels.
Currently looking at the exhaust. Original exhaust still on CRD. I have a Flowmaster muffler from another project I am looking at installing. Just starting on that. Debating if I should get a new tailpipe as old one is 17 years old but still in decent shape. I am leaning toward a new one as I have been fooled by "solid" looking tailpipes in the past. Plumb them up and 3-6 mo later they are rotted through!! Muffler is very solid however. Stay tuned on this one.
I am looking at some other things as well but not as far along with them. Suspension is one - Jeep tends to creak and squeak over some bumps but getting better. My dad did not drive the Jeep very much the last few years so thinking maybe the suspension is just stiff.... Also looking at trans but that one may be too expensive - we will see.
Thanks for the inquiry! If you have some ideas on mileage/perf improvements for CRD or general Liberty info I would love to hear them.
Take Care!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
MLDiesel wrote:

Welcome to the LOSTJeeps Forum!
Be sure and read the Sam's CRD Noob Guide: lots of valuable information for a new owner.> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207
Please tell us about your Jeep, mods, upgrades, etc...
If you look in "User Control Panel" (top right), and click on "Profile", you can update your Signature, edit your Profile, and add an Avatar if you so desire.
This information greatly helps others when responding to questions or making comments.
Moderator,
:SOMBRERO:

Greetings!!

Very Belated Thank You for your note! Completed the NOOB guide - lotsa good info there!!
I have tried several times to edit the model Jeep I have. I have repeatedly selected KJ (Liberty) and submitted all other required fields and get response "Must add Jeep Model". The website won't let accept KJ. Can you please help?
Many Thanks!!
MLDiesel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:16 am 

MLDiesel wrote:
Greetings!!
Very Belated Thank You for your note! Completed the NOOB guide - lotsa good info there!!
I have tried several times to edit the model Jeep I have. I have repeatedly selected KJ (Liberty) and submitted all other required fields and get response "Must add Jeep Model". The website won't let accept KJ. Can you please help?
Many Thanks!!
MLDiesel

Must be a glich in the software, mine says KK as well and won't let me change it to KJ and I am an administrator. :shock: :shock: :banghead: :furious:
So I set them to Other 4x4

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
MLDiesel wrote:
Greetings!!
Many Thanks!!
MLDiesel

Must be a glich in the software, mine says KK as well and won't let me change it to KJ and I am an administrator. :shock: :shock: :banghead: :furious:
So I set them to Other 4x4

Thanks!