It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm about to buy my first Jeep: A liberty 2007 Limited 2/4wd
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello,

I'm about to buy my first Jeep. I came to this forum hoping for advice from those of you with knowledge and experience.
The vehicle I'll see tomorrow is the following : VIN 1J4GL48K97W707604 / 192,000 miles / owner says hears noise when backing up ( he says thinks ball joint issue) but he's no mechanic for sure / I haven't seen the receipts yet, but says replaced a lot of parts over the years + had the four doors replaced a few years back for cosmetic reasons , says he got them for cheap / says no problems with 4 power windows or locks / ...described as a Limited edition () rear drive on 2/4wd. A close up at the pictures and I can't see rust anywhere, although has spent it's life battling Eastern Canada winters. This is what I know so far. I'm going to see it tomorrow. Asking 2,000 CAD.

Do any of you have advice to give me? I plan to get urgent repairs done before it hits the road with me in it. I'd adjust the price point from there on...

Marc