It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am glad to be here
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello LOSTJeepers,

Ive been lurking as a nonmember for more then a few years now ... ever since buying my well loved and occasionally hated :? , but also lightly used and gently cared for, 2005 Jeep Liberty KJ LTD CRD back in 2015. MOST of my not so free time is spent on TDR and Cumminsforum discussing the finer points of maintaining and modifying the mighty Cummins ISB CTD along with the requisite Mopar parts and frame that it is attached too. 8)

That said, I bought my 2005 KJ CRD (who I've named "Giddyup") from a Mopar diesel mechanic in So Cal who had purchased her from a startled customer when she was brought into the dealership at 135k with a "no start" condition. Though while it is true that, with hindsight from this incident, we can estimate the charmed and extended lifespan of an ignored OEM timing belt on an otherwise well maintained CRD, when the customer received the $4k repair estimate for the broken timing belt and all associated parts, they balked and simply bought another new vehicle from the same dealership. Mr Mechanic bought the CRD for salvage from his boss, fixed her up with all new Mopar engine parts as needed, and ended up with another Jeep in his growing car collection. That said, within a year he needed to thin his herd and thats when I bought her for $7500 in decent cosmetic and excellent running shape with 142k on her :D

I have done mostly only maintenance repairs since, like brake replacement and suspension work, but by now having put on close to another 100k, it's time for the half monte TB install, including half a water pump. Unfortunately, and upon removing the IC/hoses, I found substantial oil in them and upon checking the turbo, I found excessive axial play ...necessitating a Sasquatch turbo install as well more money spent on more Silicone hoses. Oh yeah, 2 of the OEM 7v ceramic glow plugs had thrown a DTC and I found broken tips upon replacing the set with Bosch 5v plugs. :cry:

In for a penny, in for a pound... and after more searching here to gain insightful techniques into fixing some of my problems, I also decided to do DieselJeepLuvr's modded thermostat upgrade and then also a 3.7 V6 11 blade fan install to keep the radiator running cooler while the engine gets to run a little hotter :BANANA:

Anyhows, that's where I'm at... with about 75% of the work complete, with the remainder ONLY on the "FINALLY put it all back together side!!!" instead of mostly on the "dammit gotta tear it down more" side.

MUCH appreciate the helpful attitudes and quick replies that Ive gotten on this forum so far and am looking to contribute a but more as I get my Jeep AND my health back.

"Giddyup" is my 2005 Liberty CRD
"Maya" is my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD powered by the mighty Cummins ISB 5.9 with 6spd G56 manual trans
"Mr Ed" is my 1980 Toyota Pickup Flatbed, 20R engine, 4 speed manual, NO power steering, NO A/C

Post subject: Re: I am glad to be here
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:00 pm 
LOST Member

Welcome. Yes these little tractors have a love hate relationship with their owners. But if you keep up with the maintenance, do some of the suggested mods for longevity and fix issues as they occur they can be rewarding and fun little jeeps.

Just to note: although this place is the #1 source for our CRD (IMO), responses can be slow as the more and more owners abandon these limited number of diesel jeeps. Most of any answers you are looking for are here, you just have to search for it. Its also good if you come back and update the group on any issues that you had so we can spread the wealth of information.

Welcome to the team :JEEPIN:

05 CRD; Rebuilt top end w/ARP studs, EGR delete, SEGR, 3.7L HD cooling fan, Samco hoses, in tank pump, JBA coil overs & control arms, KK clevis fork, 1/2" cradle drop, 1/4" motor mount lift, WJ rear upper trilink w/WW mount, WJ lower control arms, 4:10 gear, front/rear air lockers, ARB bumper, Rock Lizard sliders/roof rack, Mod T-stat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:39 pm 

seafish wrote:
Hello LOSTJeepers

Welcome to the Forum!
If you have not already read and studied, LINK> "Sam's CRD Noob Guide" <, please do so, it contains a wealth of information on these unique vehicles.

This forum contains 19 years of accumulated data on these unique vehicles, so if you do a search, most any topic has already been covered or discussed in the past at some point. Tons of information out there if you look for it and lots of reading.

A good search tool:
Quote:
Search Site: LOST JEEPS:
Plug this text into your browser's search bar> "add-text-here" site:www.lostjeeps.com/forum/
change just the "add-text-here" in-between the quotation marks to whatever subject you are wanting to search for and hit enter.
works well in most browsers including Google. :google:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
seafish wrote:
Hello LOSTJeepers

If you have not already read and studied, LINK> "Sam's CRD Noob Guide" <, please do so, it contains a wealth of information on these unique vehicles.

Thats funny... I somehow stumbled across Sam's CRD guide just last night and was simply ASTOUNDED at the indexing and amount of information contained within it !!! Well done, Sir Sam !!!!

WWDiesel wrote:
A good search tool:
Quote:
Search Site: LOST JEEPS:
Plug this text into your browser's search bar> "add-text-here" site:www.lostjeeps.com/forum/
change just the "add-text-here" in-between the quotation marks to whatever subject you are wanting to search for and hit enter.
works well in most browsers including Google. :google:

8) Thanks for that !!!

"Maya" is my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD powered by the mighty Cummins ISB 5.9 with 6spd G56 manual trans
"Mr Ed" is my 1980 Toyota Pickup Flatbed, 20R engine, 4 speed manual, NO power steering, NO A/C

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

03black wrote:
Just to note: although this place is the #1 source for our CRD (IMO), responses can be slow as the more and more owners abandon these limited number of diesel jeeps. Most of any answers you are looking for are here, you just have to search for it. Its also good if you come back and update the group on any issues that you had so we can spread the wealth of information.

Welcome to the team :JEEPIN:

Thank you...all good advice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:11 am 
LOST Newbie

It's fantastic to finally have you join LOSTJeeps after lurking for years! Your story about acquiring "Giddyup" the 2005 CRD is fascinating, especially the backstory from the mechanic. It sounds like you got a great deal on a well-maintained Jeep!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:28 pm 

jannickz wrote:
I am glad to be here!

Welcome to the LOSTJeeps Forum!
Please tell us about your Jeep, mods, upgrades, etc...

Click on: "User Control Panel" (top right-hand corner), and then click on "Profile", you be able to update your Signature and list your vehicle mods, edit your Profile, and add an Avatar if you so desire. Adding a signature, location, vehicle information, etc... to your profile greatly helps others when responding to questions or making comments. See Instructions below:

If you have not read Sam's CRD Noob Guide, please do so as there is a lot of very useful information contained in it and it will help educate you about this unique little diesel engine.

Factory Service Manuals available for viewing and / or downloading

Post questions, concerns, comments, if you have any.
:SOMBRERO:

Adding a signature, location, vehicle information, etc... to your profile can help others when trying to answer your questions or simply providing advice.
To add a signature, click on "User Control Panel", then "Profile", then "Edit Signature" where you can add your information. :rockon:
See picture below.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount