It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: drivers side tail light keeps going out???
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:15 am 
LOST Member

My drivers side tail light keeps going out. The running light on top of the tail light, but the brake lights work. The fuse (#7 i think it was) was poped. I did not have any 10amp replacements so i stuck a 15 in there... yes i know what you are going to say! I know that fuses are there for a reason, and they just dont decide to pop for fun... there is an excessive draw that is loading up and causing the pop, but i figured that if the 15 pops, well there must be a very good reason.

it is an 05, the only thing changed on the wireing is the trailer wireing kit... which i bet that is what it is, but I looked over the thing and there isnt anything split, bare or anything else. anyone see this before or have any ideas... also it may not be related but my front bumper light went out today too ( well i just noticed it today so i dont know exactly when). I am talking about the turn sig. one not the little square reflector on the sides. again the blinkers work fine just not the running lights. and i dont even see a fuse in the book for that light, I would have to think it is the same circut, but dont know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:09 am 
LOST Member

Well, thanks fro all the suggestions! just kidding ;) I guess I will just disconnect the trailer wireing and see how long a fuse lasts. if it works I guess I have to bring the wireing back and get a new one. if not, and they jeep poping off the OEM wireing... I am going to be pissed.

let you know so we can all learn from this somehow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 am 
LOST Newbie

I didnt write earlier because I'm not sure on the fix but I had a hitch and a alarm installed on my 02' when I bought it and they did something wrong to make it eat fuses. I called the dealer ship and they sent a guy out (98 miles) to fix it because it was his fault. ( They said something about it being connected to the wrong spot.) I was at work when he fixed it so other than saying "yup I had something like it" I'm not much help.

Good luck!!!!

visit my cardomain page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:19 pm 
LOST Member

thanks for the input. The wiring harness I got was just a bunch of connectors... the clip going into the taillight now goes into this box from the wiring kit, and one goes from the box back to the taillight., add a a simple ground from the box and thats it. I am too lazy to play with it yet, but my ideas are if i disconnect it and go back to stock and the fueses dont pop then one of those boxes from the trailer wireing is bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mine is now doing the same thing. As soon as you replace the fuse, it gets blown. I've had the trailer wiring on for a while but I have no idea how long the fuse has been blown. Great. I hate wiring issues.

Let's see what I can find out

Brad