It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear door rolling lock -- why won't it die??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone else tried to disable the rolling locks, but the rear door / hatch just won't stop? I'm tired of having to walk around and hit the unlock button EVERY TIME I need to get in the back. There must be a way to stop the insanity.

Post subject: Re: Rear door rolling lock -- why won't it die??
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Interested too

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:01 pm 
LOST Addict

I really like the feature where if you have the battery out, and you open the back door, (if you hit unlock first :lol: ) it then won't latch, and keeps springing back up. Sorry, I couldn't help it...

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink, Integrated air OX rear,truetrac front, Suncoast,OME 2.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&245/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new head,rockers, cams,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, welded EGR port & trans drain, muffler delete,tensioner relocated
Mech fan VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 am 
LOST Addict

thefunk wrote:
Has anyone else tried to disable the rolling locks, but the rear door / hatch just won't stop? I'm tired of having to walk around and hit the unlock button EVERY TIME I need to get in the back. There must be a way to stop the insanity.

If you have an Overhead Console (EVIC) this may be the answer, it is from the owners manual?
from page 132 on Overhead Console (EVIC):
Auto Unlock On Exit? (Available Only When the AUTO DOOR LOCKS Feature is Turned On)
When this feature is selected all the vehicle’s doors will unlock when the driver’s door is opened if the vehicle is
stopped and the transmission is in P (Park) or N (Neutral) position. Pressing the STEP button when in this display will select “Yes” or “No.”

Ironman Springs/Bilstein's
Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
NO FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pump
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6 Airbox
GM11 blade fan/NAPA HDclutch
Ironrock Trilink
Dodge Cummins, 5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

This annoying feature can be temporarily disabled for each start. When I hear the locks engage at 15mph I hit the unlock and they won't automatically lock until after the next start. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to dig my keys out to unload groceries every time I forget to unlock all the doors. Dealerships are reluctant to disable this "safety feature".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm 
LOST Addict

The best part is that this wonderful feature causes us to wear out the entire locking system. I guess we could cut the "lock signal" wire to the rear gate, add a switch in line, and then we could choose when it would be locked (the switch would interrupt the signal. But, even that probably wont work if the same wire allows for the glass to be released :banghead:

Maybe a whole series of switches on the dash is the solution :jester:

What's that switch for? Oh, that's the chrysler engineers are stupid switch!

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink, Integrated air OX rear,truetrac front, Suncoast,OME 2.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&245/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new head,rockers, cams,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, welded EGR port & trans drain, muffler delete,tensioner relocated
Mech fan VH & AC delete