It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My Cobra 75 is mounted to the inside of the drop-down panel below the steering wheel. No need for the extension cable, I just have the cable coming out through the existing hole under the wheel.

Post subject: antennae location
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:42 pm 
LOST Member

M0th, CaKJFreedom, love your pics and decisions for the box...Can't decide which is better or more convenient. I've sent you both PM for info, please.

Can all of you check out my thread for antena location, too?

Post subject: Re: antennae location
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

EdgarNYU wrote:
M0th, CaKJFreedom, love your pics and decisions for the box...Can't decide which is better or more convenient. I've sent you both PM for info, please.

Can all of you check out my thread for antena location, too?

I didn't get a PM, but I'll post some pics of the install, including how i grounded it, powered it, ran the antenna cable and where I put the antenna (although I will be moving it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:55 pm 
I live here
I live here

moth....I think you need to do some dusting. Go buy some swiffers (whatever they're called). :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:) Yeh, that pic was after the Apex Jamboree. It's really dusty up there.

Anyway, here's my install (apologies for the fuzzy pics, it's really dark in the garage and my digicam doesn't like that):

I installed the cable box on the pull-down panel under the steering wheel:

From there, it's easy to run the power straight through to the fuse box. I used an add-a-fuse jobby to double-up on the radio fuse. I didn't want to go to the battery because I know I'd forget to turn the CB off. :)

This pic is a bit unclear, but if you pull the carpet back beside the centre hump in beside the pedals you'll see the plate and screw I used to ground it.

And then I ran the antenna cable all the way behind the trim panels. Along the doors, just pull up the plastic cover and there's a little cable space there.

The rear cargo panel is a pain to remove. I ended up just popping the bottom of it and shoving the cable under it. Feed it through the gap where the door hinge is, zip tie it loosely to the hinge and then loop the excess in side the rear door trim panel. I have the cable come out of the centre of the panel at the bottom and feeds out and up to inside the spare wheel.

Currently I have my antenna installed as per the first post on this page:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=853

But the antenna hits the spare and it's a PITA to close the hatch with the antenna on, and a pain to install/remove it, even with a quick-disconnect. I'll probably move it to the outside of the spare or on the side of the Jeep by the taillight soon.