It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iPod interface decision...help please!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:55 pm 
LOST Member

Let me start off by telling you that I have an 05 Liberty with the RBQ stereo. I want to keep the factory stereo because of the steering wheel controls. I'm really not wanting anything with an FM modulator.

I have been reading through past posts about various options for connecting the iPod. It appears that the Mopar interface is about the only option out there if I want to be able to use the stereo controls and charge the iPod.

For those who have the Mopar connector, maybe you can help me...I understand that you can only play 6 playlists? Just so I understand how this works, can you put the entire content of your iPod in the 6 playlists so that you can play everything? It seems that if you had alot on the iPod, it would be difficult to find a particular song that you wanted.

Has anyone found another good solution to connecting the iPod to and RBQ stereo besides this Mopar connector? I guess I just need to break down and buy the Mopar, but I want to make sure it is the best option for me....seems like everything I'm finding says "not compatible with in-dash cd changer".

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't know why it wouldn't work with the in-dash 6-disc CD changer. The iPod adapter works the same way as the factory Sirius, which does work with the in-dash 6-disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:07 am 
LOST Member

unixxx wrote:
I don't know why it wouldn't work with the in-dash 6-disc CD changer. The iPod adapter works the same way as the factory Sirius, which does work with the in-dash 6-disc.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear on my last part. I meant that all the adapters I'm finding other than the Mopar one say that they will not work with the in-dash changer (RBQ). I'm assuming that the Mopar one will work great, I just want to know if there are any other options out there that work well besides the Mopar adapter. It is kind of pricey and I'm not sure about this playlist function it has.

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:32 am 
LOST Member

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=642

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=639

I just ordered these, it allows me to use factory as well as sirius, ipod and whatever I add. I know you have the factory indash changer but it just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:25 pm 
LOST Member

I e-mailed tech support at Logjam electronics to see if they had anything. This is how they responded:

Hi Chris:
We're sorry but there is no adapter or interface that we know of that will work with the Chrysler RBQ radio. This is not due to the limitations of the interface manufacturers, but a limitation of the RBQ's inability to support any external device being connected to it.

Thank you,

Technical Support
Logjam Electronics

So I guess I'll be ordering the Mopar version. Thanks for your help, guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got the USA-Spec AUX interface a while back and it works great. But, unfortunatly, as you have said, it doesn't work with in-dash changer. This is because it connects through the external changer port. Sorry, not much help. But for anyone reading this post who is looking for an aux interface and doesnt have in dash changer...I recommend usa-spec

Post subject: Re: iPod interface decision...help please!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:42 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah, this is an extremely old thread, but I'm looking for the same thing. I've got an RBQ changer in my 2006 Liberty, and I want to add an auxiliary input. I have no problem with replacing the factory Satellite radio, but even that doesn't seem to be an option.

Anyone found a solution (other than replacing the entire factory unit) for adding aux input?

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

Post subject: Re: iPod interface decision...help please!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm 
LOST Member

I have the ipod thing from jparts.com. It is for gen. 3(?) ipod(wide plug) it does not charge it. I had to buy a portal to get it to charge from Amazon. Something about when Apple changed the cable or was it to USB. I have the Mopar RB1 radio. :banghead:

06 Renegade, 265-70-16 Duratracs on Moab's/OMF, RL sliders ,roof rack, On board air, JBA-UCA, adjust-a strut, Rear-OME 948 two uppers ,Sensatrac shocks, Boiler rad. skid, Mopar/4x guard skid,Terra-flex 4:1,HD cooling,more lights, gauges. ARB/Warn, Mudds Rear Bumper.