It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AMP and SUB install
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:50 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey all long time. My boyfriend is puting the sub and amp from his Tj into my KJ right now and we need to know how to get to the auto out wires in the door so that he can hook the amp in to the speakers. eveything else is done and he just dosent want to mess something up in the door.

thanks for the help guys!!!

MY lights are BLUE!!!!

http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/texastj
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2080764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

All that you should need to do is take the door panel off, that gives you access to the speaker. To do this, you have to take the screw out of the "hand grip" of the door. THats the part where you grab to close the door. THere is also a screw behind the door handle, to access this part you have to take out a lil plastic cover. After that, there are about 13 or so annoying plastic clips that you have to pull away from the metal part of the door. After you have access to see behind the plastic, you have to disconnect any wire harnesses (in front doors only). Now, you have to push the door lock down thru the plastic door panel. Also, you have to disconnect the actual metal rod that holds the door lock. Do this by pushing the white piece of plastci away from the metal and then push the metal rod down. If it gets bent a little, its okay, it still will work fine. The speakers just take a few screws to get out and the wire is right behind that.

That should be all you have to do. To put them back on,l reverse the process, its pretty easy once you've doen it a time or two. Hope that helps!

Take it easy,

ADAM

L.O.S.T. Lifetime Member #0802
Borla Dual Exhaust, Sound system, Street Scene Grill
Peanut-Butter Mag Lite Mod, EVIC Install, K&N Air Filter
Custom Cactus Green Interior
Bridgestone A/T Revo Tires