It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A/C won't blow heat unless I am accelerating
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:32 am 
LOST Addict

What's the deal with my A/C now? I realized it won't blow heat on the defroster at all, or whenever I am standing still on other settings. I have to be moving to get some heat. Great timing! This morning was 48. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:42 am 
LOST Member

Have you checked your coolant lately? You might be low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:59 am 
LOST Addict

Will check. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wait, how does A/C blow heat?

Will it blow heat out of the other vents if youre not moving? It just wont blow heat out of the defroster unless youre moving? Does any air at all come out of the defroster?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:45 pm 
LOST Addict

A/C or Heater whatever you can call it. :)

After I get in my jeep, I would generally wait until it is half way Warm before turning on the heater or defroster.
What I found out last week, it won't blow heat from defroster or from other vents if I am not moving fast like in highway. If slow down or stop, it suddenly starts blowing cold. Not COLD cold, but cool air (non heating, like flow-through air) I can turn the dial to cold to get freezing cold air from the vents.

I have to experiment more with the other vents and moving/not moving but it is now warmer outside, I have to wait until it drops down again. It is a jeep thing, I never know when it will work or not!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:01 pm 
LOST Member

Are the diverters vaccuum operated? if so then maybe soemthing is hooked up backwards so when the vacuum drops the vents open up, but when there is vacuum at idle they close off? I could be totally off base here, but you never know.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2935427

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 am 
LOST Addict

Update, before it was only the defroster that was blowing cold with dial at 4, but now it is blowing cold in other positions as well. No matter if the engine is warm or not. I would drive half an hour at slow speed and not get any heat, but once I get to the highway and cruise at higher speeds with engine rev over 2k, it will start blowing heat and will be steady from there on. Sometimes it get very very hot. It looks like the I cannot adjust the heat dial from Very hot to Hot (thinner red strip).

So it is not as complicated now, simply put, driving slow no heat, driving fast heat... :(

Post subject: check yer pump
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:30 pm 
LOST Member

Check your water pump. My brother's S10 blew cold and he brought it to me before going to alaska. He had no vanes left on his water pump. There was no warm water hitting the heater. Put in a new pump and flushed the crap outta the heater core and HOT!!!

Travis

2006 Liberty Sport CRD new injection pump, new fuel head, waiting for #4 injector at the dealer...2 weeks and counting
1984 CJ8
1980 CJ7 runnin' on propane
1973 J4000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:25 am 
LOST Newbie

i had sorta the same problem with mine. it wouldnt blow cold if i was sitting still and then one day (2 days after i bought it) it started overheating. come to find out my cooling fan wasnt running. the dealer had unplugged it to spray cleaner crap on the engine and never plugged it back in. make sure your fan is running. crank up and let the temp needle get 3/4 and then turn on the AC. if the fan doesnt come one, that is atleast part of the problem.

Post subject: Re: A/C won't blow heat unless I am accelerating
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

My liberty crd overheats if sitting still or in slow traffic with ac on in summer and won't blow hot air in winter until you drive for at least a hour . Any ideas what's wrong thermostat maybe ?