It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bass Shakers and Car Batteries?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have seen low prices for bass shakers that are normally used in home theater applications. Has anyone here used them in home or auto, and how are they?

I ask because I currently have two subwoofer amplifiers and three 12"s that I want to put into my libby that I have from my previous car. However, making them fit and keeping a reasonable amount of trunk space means I will have to do some fiberglass voodoo (doable, but I will have to wait until warmer months.

My question is:
1. Will the bass shakers and one sub feel anything like all three subs? (Keep in mind that two of the subs are 1000W max DVCs and one 400W max SVC.)

2. If I were to put all the equipment in, would this overtax the battery/alternator? The equipment being an 2channel 1800W(max) legacy amp (40amps of fuses) running in 2ohm stereo and a 2-channel 600W(max) Boss amp (20 amps of fuses) running bridged 4 ohm, and an aftermarket jvc tapedeck with a disc changer powered off the headunit.

LOST Mid-Atlantic #071463
-----------------------------------
2K5 3.7L Sport in Patriot Blue w/ bug deflector
+ slush mats + JVC 12 Disc changer and HU
---------------
Coming Eventually:
Custom built fiberglass enclosure with two 12" 1000W DHD subs and one 12" 400W Orion sub with an 1800W Legacy amp and a 600W Boss amp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I would say a definite yes as far as overloading your electrical system. My one 1000W DB+ makes the lights dim pretty good when it is turned up. I would suggest going with a Capacitor (or more than one even) if you want to run more than one sub.

Flowmaster 40 Series
2.5 Lift
1000 watt Kenwood DB+
Electric Trailer Brake Controller
Lost KJ Rockies sticker
More to come...of course
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2342890