It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BIG problem (well, not really that big...)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:25 am 
LOST Member

So here is the deal, I installed the sub and amp into the Jeep. Everything works perfect. Sounds great, no complaints.....

But I've noticed that for a few months now that the carpet underneath the driver's floormats is always damp and/ or wet to the touch. I have the 8-ga power wire and the sirius antenna wire running through the weather stripping and I can kinda figure that is the problem right there. I had this kind of set up with my intrepid with no water leaking into the inside of the car. Is the wires basically being pinched between the two pieces of the weather stripping (one on the door, other on the frame) going to cause THAT much of a problem? Thank God I have not gone and played in the mud for a while because then I might have REAL problems.

HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:42 am 
LOST Member

I would suggest you route the wires thru the firewall. Eventually you are going to wear thru the wire and antenna. You should be able to bring the 8GA wire thru the rubber boot by the steering column.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:43 am 
LOST Member

An 8ga wire will fit through the grommet besides the steering column with no problem, just cut a small slice in it and slide it through. Thats where I have my amp powerwire 8ga and HU powerwire 10ga (my Alpines V-Drive requires a direct battery connection) run through.

L.O.S.T. #053490

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:45 am 
LOST Member

Can someone take some pics of their install? My only question is will the wires get in the way of the brake & gas pedals...I also worry about having enough antenna wire to my sirius tuner box.