It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: roof rack light wiring
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:41 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

ok, tomorrow I am ordering my roof rack and I will soon get my roof lights, but how the heck do you wire them and the switches...sorry, i used the search tool got to page 7 and decided to ask and get ripped on haha

any help will be appreciated

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:31 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

OK I will rip you one :twisted:

WHY THE HECK DO YOU WASTE OUR TIME ....

oh well not worth it, there is a black plastic covering that comes from the legs of the side rails and down towards the windshield, run the wires under it/ behind it down over the side of the windshield, and into the engine compartment, quick and easy
OR
drill a hole and shove them through! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 am 
This might help! 8)

Post subject: Re: roof rack light wiring
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:22 am 
LOST Addict

STINGN wrote:
ok, tomorrow I am ordering my roof rack and I will soon get my roof lights, but how the heck do you wire them and the switches...sorry, i used the search tool got to page 7 and decided to ask and get ripped on haha

any help will be appreciated

Through the roof rack supports. Slide a preferably (plastic) putty knife into the roof rack support slowly pry apart the support, there are three tabs holing it together, If you want to completely remove the support you will need to remove three screws. Here is a pic of what the inside should look like after running the wires.

Found this one as well.

FYI: I drilled a hole into the Jeep's roof rack support and into the roof (used RTV to seal the hole) I then fished the wires inside the cabin and through the pillared located between the front and rear passenger doors. I got my ground from the seat belt bolt located on the bottom of the pillared. I continued to run the power wire under the door sill to the front. A few years ago I ran a large 10 gauge wire from my battery to the inside of my firewall and put a fuse block underneath the dash, I always use this for my power connections it eliminates the need to run a wire through the fire wall every time I add a powered accessory.
Hope this helps or at least gives you an idea. Don't forget to post pics.

On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:00 pm 
LOST Member

This is how I wired mine I did not have a good pic of the hole for the switch
this is the lights wired together
this is were I ran the wires I didnt want to drill holes
this is the wires going down the front diver side pillar they are under the seal behind the door
this pic is dark but the wires go from the pillar in the door of the fuse box in the cab and that little plastic part of the dash for the switch
from the switch to under the cowl and out the cowl to the battery

I hope this help for running the wires[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:50 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

ok, i just went to my buddys house to help him with his libby, and we got it all done, im doing mine later, but how the heck do you take off the little panel next to steering wheel to mount the switch?

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:11 am 
Master of the Blender

Put a putty knife under the edge and pop it off - like most of the panels in the cabin it is held by spring-clips and not by screws.