It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Subwoofer/ amp installation and stock radio
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:53 pm 
hey if someone could help me answer me how i can install the mopar sub woofer to the jeep...
is the cable already there or is under something, i have the stock radio and i want to keep it, but i want to install this subwoofe and i cant seem to figure it out, if someone could help me ill really apprieciate it

Post subject: MOPAR sub install
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:48 pm 
THe Mopar subwoofer is mounted under the drivers seat, and includes a wiring harness that plugs into the subwoofer, and is then run under the center console to the factory head unit. It is installed there by unplogging the existing wiring harness from the radio, and installing the new harness "in between" -- you plug the factory harness into the new harness, and the new harness into the radio -- basically creating a T-splice. The other connection works in the same way with the cigarette lighter / power outlet -- a T connector is used to draw power for the sub from there.

Be forewarned -- I bought a Mopar sub for my 05 Liberty Limited, and have NOT been able to get it to work! I have the RBQ 6-disc in dash head unit, Sirius radio, and the Infinity speaker setup, and when hooked up correctly, the front left speaker DOES NOT WORK (altough the sub works fine). When you unhook the harness, the factory speakers all work again (but of course the sub does not). My dealer replaced the sub's harness with a new one, with no luck, then kept my Jeep for 10 days, waiting on Chrysler tech people to tell them what to do. The Chrysler people said they we aware of this problem, but did not have a solution, so they gave me back my LIberty, but the sub still doesn't work...

It seems like the obvious problem is that the sub's harness is not passing the DC power to the Infinity speaker amp. I don't know how to fix that myself, but I am surprised that a team of so-called engineers can't... it should be fairly straightforward to get power to that front left speaker somehow.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:52 pm 
LOST Member

It must be a problem on the 05' model b/c I have an 04' Renegade with the factory 6 disc and the Infinity speakers. Mine works fine with the sub.

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon