It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fog light question
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, i have an 04 Sport Kj and it didnt come with foglights, i pieced a together a set for about 120 bux oem fogs and foglight switch, now all the wiring im doing my self, can anyone help me out for when i install the new turn signal switch w/foglight option how do i wire into that to make them apear as they were on it when i bout it. i probally could figure it out but i figure before i rip into it i would ask first. thanks everyone

Post subject: Re: Fog light question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is there another spot i should post this question. i seem to be getting no answers here? or maybe havnt came across the right guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:36 pm 

Moving this down to the electrical tech section. You may get some answers there.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am 
LOST Newbie

thanks i app.it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You have two options:

1) Wire it into your multifunction switch. There is a write up in the how-to section on the fog lights and how to keep them on with your high beams, this should give you an idea of what wires you need to tap into.

or

2) You can mount a switch on the trim piece by your left knee. Much easier in my opinion and you can buy a switch that has a little "light" symbol on it and unless you tell someone, they will probably never know its not factory.

Keith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:27 pm 
LOST Member

Mine was installed down by my left knee. One thing to keep in mind, though, if you put it there---make sure you mark the location where you're putting it while sitting in the driver's seat exactly how you sit when you drive.

Whoever the guy was that installed mine either didn't do this, or was about a foot shorter than me. I can't see the button through the steering wheel while driving. :banghead:

"Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks guys. i will look into that write up. i would like to keep it as oe a possible. so that way it doesnt looked all hacked up. but thanks agian for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I looked at that site. i didnt come across anything that really could help me out on it. i will just have to do it and see how it goes. i guess.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm 
LOST Addict

haulin5 wrote:
Mine was installed down by my left knee. One thing to keep in mind, though, if you put it there---make sure you mark the location where you're putting it while sitting in the driver's seat exactly how you sit when you drive.

Whoever the guy was that installed mine either didn't do this, or was about a foot shorter than me. I can't see the button through the steering wheel while driving. :banghead:

I intentionally did that because my roof light switches light up when they are on. If the wheel blocks it there is little to no glare. When I get out of the jeep they are right there so I don't accidentally leave them on.

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 pm 
LOST Member

if you are looking for a stock set pm me i have a set i will part with

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 am 
LOST Newbie

i have a stock set. i have the fogs and the Chrysler turn signal w/ foglight switch to put on. i was wondering if the plugs are different and if they are what do i have to do to make it so that when i pull the end to turn the fog lights on they come on. if i have to add to the oem plug or if i can wire into something. i will be looking at it this weekend. to see what i think i will do. And if i get it good. im going to do a write up on Libertys that do not have oem foglights how you can add them for cheap. instead of buying the aftermarket kits for 100 to 200 dollars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 pm 
LOST Member

it is in the front of your bumper just put them in your bumper in the spotr that is for the oem and plug them in it will work from there it is a factory set up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

I know i can get them to work. my question was will a plug that has a non foglight switch on the headlight switch work with the foglight one or do i have to wire it in. ill look at it tonight.