It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any Ideas on a New Audio System?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm Looking for new door speakers and a subwoofer, but I am new to the whole Audio Thing.

-Anybody have good advice, or a nice system?

Post subject: Re: Any Ideas on a New Audio System?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 am 
LOST Member

Partsexspress.com they deal in audio equipment and are priced well. I've gotten subs, speakers, and head units from them for all the builds I've done

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 pm 
LOST Member

Parts Express is great. I live near their store and bought everything there to build the subwoofer for my home theater system

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 am 
LOST Junkie

I always go with Pioneer for a headunit and Audiobahn for subs and amp. Thats my :2cents:

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 am 
LOST Junkie

I went with a JL audio sub in the back so i would have more room then with a full box, and then i replaced all the door speakers with marine grade 2 way pioneers, and finally the headunit with a kenwood. If you really want quality music, replace all of these at once. If you can't afford them all at once, do door speakers, head unit, then sub. When i had my stock speakers and headunit with the sub, i would basically only hear the sub unless i had it between -6 and -8.

Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I too am currently building, slowly, a sound system in the KJ. Right now I am getting it done at a shop for two reasons, extended warranty and a professional instal. I too am new and know nothing about audio systems. Right now I am doing a mix and match of Memphis Speakers and Boston Acoustics.

My KJ had the premium Infinity system in it. I will tell you, as I am sure others will, these are total crap. A good system can run a good amount. If you have a custom shop near you, go there and listen to a few pairs of speakers from different brands. Also choose if you want sound quality or sound volume. I went the quality way. With a pair of Boston SC 65s and a pair of Memphis MC 62s and PR 3.5 inchers for the dash. from here I am looking into either a 3 or 5 channel head unit, most likely Alpine. Then when it comes to the sub remember you want a good quality one with a good amp. I plan to go with a Boston g3 12 inch and a 5 channel amp. The amp will give more juice to the speakers making them sound much better.

Do some research on it, Mine will be costing me a few grand, but I have a feeling I will be more than happy with it. Remember this is a low to moderate audio system build. I have seen a pair of speakers for for 1200. Dont be too rash about deciding what you want to do with it. I hate building the system in parts, but I figure this way I will be able to really choose what I would like. Also ask some friends on what they have/use/like.