It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Electrical Issues: Help Needed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm having trouble with my left front and left rear parking lights (the lights that come on when you turn on your lights). These two do not work. I have changed the left rear parking light bulb, twice. Also my left tailight turn signal is not working. I made a video of my problems, so everyone could have a better understanding of what is going. Please watch the video for more information, because that's where the information is located.

Thanks
BW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv4z-n0t6A

Post subject: Re: Electrical Issues: Help Needed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i say loose wire or a short

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hmmm, looks like you might two separate problems..

Is this the trick the dealership was talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSASOhHi_ts
Remember, there are two different contacts, on the parking light bulb - one for parking lights and one for the brake light on the bulb socket.

Have you changed the front signal/parking light bulb?
The bulbs have two separate filaments, one for the signal and one for the parking light.
It is possible to have one burn out and not the other..

I read you other post as well, I would take the tail light out and trace that wiring harness that is usually protected by the bumper.. Since you no longer have the stock bumper, maybe that harness is not secure and rubbing somewhere.

Good luck!
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

Last edited by infernicus on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That video helped alot. Thank you for posting that. My runinng light housing (the thig the bulb is in) looks exactly like the one in the video. I'll try what that guy did today after I'm done with college. I think yesterday when I went to grab the reverse light, I accidentally went for the left rear turn signal housing. In my mistake, I may have not twisted it back completely. As far as the left front running/turn signal, I'll check the bulb. Hope I don't have to replace the whole left rear tailight. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well I fixed the issue with my front and rear running lights. Turns out the fuse was bad in it. The fuse is located in cavity 7 in the fuse box inside your Jeep. The fuse is a 10 amp fuse. There's a reason the fuse blew...

After BlackMountain (ECS Oct. 8th), the following week I washed my Jeep. After washing my Jeep I notice two wires that went to my left side indicator was exposed. Some how the plastic piece that the wires connected to and the bulb went into was torn off. When I got to the house, all I had was black ducktape. So I wrapped it up in that and stuffed it up under the Jeep, just like the right side indicator. With all that has been going on, I had forgotten about it and that could have been how my electrical problems started. It was not until yesterday evening that I remember about those exposed wires. So last night I found some electrical tape and doctored that up.

After college today, I went to AutoZone to buy a 5-pack of 10amp fuses and fixed the problem.