It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 09 liberty sub and amp install question.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 pm 
LOST Member

We'll my neighbor gave me two 10" subs with a amp and I have no idea how to install in my 09 liberty. If anybody could help me in doing this that would be cool. Also I am going to use the stock radio and how do you get it out? Thanks for any help!

Front tow hook's
Plasti-dip badge's, tail light, third brake l.ight, grill, front bumper
255-70-16 Firestone Destination LE

Post subject: Re: 09 liberty sub and amp install question.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

unless you really know what you're doing i wouldn't mess around with it.. i installed my two 10's and amp with my brother, but he knows what to do... i have an 07 KJ and from what i got from the install process it isn't all that difficult, it's just a matter of running wires.

Rumor has it that on some cars you need to drill through the firewall to run the wires, but i don't know specifics for the KK

Post subject: Re: 09 liberty sub and amp install question.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:01 am 
LOST Member

it is very simple to remove the stock head unit. i know there is a tutorial on how to remove the trim around the head unit on the forum somewhere.

you dont have to drill any holes. there is a hole already in the firewall with a grommet. People do different things with the grommet/hole when they route cables thru there. personally, i drilled a hole into the middle of the grommet and put my power cable right through it, then I put it back in place in the hole.

besides the firewall hole and removing the KK head unit, everything else is pretty much the same as wiring subs for any other car.

crutchfield or some other website could probably give you better instructions on how to specifically wire your amp and subs than we could on the forum