It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: where should i mount the CB PA Speaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

im installing a pa system and i want to mount the speaker under the hood but dont know where to put it any help would be greatful

Post subject: Re: where should i mount the CB PA Speaker
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anywhere it fits! Lol, seriously though, there should be a space on either side of the engine closer to the firewall.
Depending on how large the speaker is, you can mount it directly behind the grille, in front of the radiator.

Good luck!
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i dont even think about behind the grill, thats not a bad idea, its a 5" speaker, there is room near the fire wall on the pass. side i even thought about directly to the under side of the hood. still not sure where though, iv been looking through out this forum and trying to find pics of maybe how people installed theirs and cannot find any at all. but thanks im going to look in to that to day, another question for you if you dont mind is..... where on the firewall is the best spot to run electrical wires through along with the speaker wire trying to find a spot to keep it nice and neat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey no worries.
One thing I neglected to mention is if you do any deep water crossings. I would be careful of the speaker, maybe make a quick disconnect mount. I guess it should really be for muddy crossings. I clogged up a loud horn that way, lol.

Anyway, passing through the firewall is easy, there are two ready made holes, one on each side. On the passenger side I have the wires for my lights. On the driverside I have two six gauge wires coming in for an auxiliary fuse panel under the hood. (I got the idea from "NewOldTimer").

Here is a good link for firewall penetration.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liber ... enetration

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hey man that link was exactly what i was looking for, it helped out a ton, and with the water and mud problem for the speaker i have a canvas cover for the opening i made for it to help with that, but thanks again man i appreciate it alot