It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: StanCRD's Double DIN Pioneer F700 install
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

The following documents the install of a Pioneer F700BT Double DIN Radio/Navigation Unit into my 2006 CRD Limited.....

First, we need to remove the front bezel and then remove some plastic and the metal support bracket for the original radio

Next, I used my trusty die grinder with a cutoff disk installed and cutout some plastic that was in the way. I also used a small
hacksaw to cut what the die grinder could not.

This is the end result..

This is what I took out.

Next, test fit the radio, all good !.

Now I took some sheet aluminum I had laying around and created brackets for each side that bolted into the stock location.

Next, I purchased a new bezel (so I could return to stock later) and using a small hacksaw and file cut out the exact shape
to fit the pioneer.

Once that was done, I bought a small sheet of lexan from home depot and super glued some filler plates in since the original hole is much larger.

After filling in with common bondo, there was plenty more sanding and filing to get a smooth surface and perfect fit.

With the radio....

Next, I picked up a Chrysler harness adapter and using shrink tube and soldered connections, I created a custom harness
the does not require cutting into the original factory harness. This harness also adds in the bypass as documented on the
AVIC411 forums.

There is also an antenna adapter that I had to purchase, also shown is the Pioneer harness to add in an ipod, camera, etc..

Post subject: Re: StanCRD's Double DIN Pioneer F700 install
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am 
LOST Newbie

That really looks nice, I have contemplated this one just a little hesitant on cutting up that bezel. Good Work.

Timing Tool Current Wait List https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jvg_433Tfencao2HWJE3jXYB8Kk_myAtXJhmNNevqnw/edit

Timing Tool Rental FAQ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UP7CTZ4WZCnj1HlTvpFTX2WfvhauaTwLqghNKhfjI0o/edit

Post subject: Re: StanCRD's Double DIN Pioneer F700 install
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:21 am 
LOST Newbie

What's securing the head unit in the compartment other than the 4 screws? I'd be concerned about movement off road.

15x7 Black Rock Jack 929 w/ 4.5" BS
Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors/ pads
Wells/ bumper cut. Pinch welds. DIY bed liner'd Crossbars and grill. 8,000lb hitch. Tint. Debadge. Thule. Kenwood DDX470
Muffler delete. ORM

Weekend: 2008 135i. 400rwhp/ 450rwtq. 3,100lbs