It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW PROBLEM... NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok so a little history... before i deployed about 1.5 years ago the factory radio stopped working on me, i thought ok i go get a aftermarket one... so i did i bought a 70$ JVC nothing special bought i wiring harness and wired it up once it was installed i noticed that when i started the KJ that the driver side parking lamp came on automatically.... not supposed to happen.. ok i fix it with turning the headlight switch one click to the parking lamps when i started so it wouldnt look weird well in the past week i installed a factory radio out of a 05 from tksautos... the radio works likes its supposed to but it is doing the same thing but this time when i turn the headlight switch one click the pass. side does not come on, and in both occasions the turn signals work fine. but after noticing that the drivers side parking lamp still lights up i turn on the head lights and see if both side light up..... they do not only drivers side and i got back in the jeep now my dash illum does not work.. the radio and mileage still light up and dim and well as all other warning lights still work but no speedo/ tach lights... anyone else ever have this problem and might be able to point me in the right direction??? thanks for future info

.... wow im retarded fixed it in all about 30 seconds ........ if future reference check the #9 fuse its a 10 amp fuse the bad thing is all this time i thought the radio screwed something up..... thats what i get for not getting any sleep last night and working on the jeep today hahaha

Post subject: Re: NEW PROBLEM... NEED HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok maybe im not some retarded...... it blew again i have a short somewhere now got to trace the wire to find where its shorting out.... any ideas