It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Full Audio Overhall... False Floor?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, been lurking for quite some time as I built my KJ. Very happy with the looks and performance I have ( OME lift, custom bumper, lights, safari rack w/ lights, blacked out, rims etc ) , now for the audio. I have everything ready to go for the install. Just figuring out exactly how I want to do the install. Just like most everyone space is precious. Don't want to do the under seat install as I'd like to use the RF 10" P3 I already have. I am looking at doing a false floor. Thinking of Taking it up about 10", using what I need for the sub requirments and using the rest for the amps and storage. Going stealth with this so I will be hiding everything as covertly as possible. Will need to run fans / vents for the amps and will most likely utilize hinges for my storage compartment area.

I have searched high and low ( here and other forums ) and found very little for False Floor KJ installs. I know others must have ventured down this road before. Any insight / advice / motivation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Full Audio Overhall... False Floor?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Check this out viewtopic.php?t=45046
Minus the drawers i think its something like what your talking about!

Post subject: Re: Full Audio Overhall... False Floor?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is what happens when you have a $10 budget and some scrap wood to make some sort of shelf - with zero carpentry skills. The sub box is awesome - it conforms right to the side of the Jeep and doesn't budge. Doesn't take up much space at all. I can't seem to find the place I bought it from but I'll look into it. If you have some amp hiding ideas I'd love to see them...I would like to get it all out of my cargo area somehow.

amps by bmcguire, on Flickr

amps2 by bmcguire, on Flickr

Just the other day I was thinking....that dip in the headliner right above the cargo area could probably fit two amps perfectly, would be completely out of the way, and provide good ventilation. But I have no idea how one would go about mounting them up there...

amps3 by bmcguire, on Flickr

2006 Jeep KJ Sport - GONE
OME Suspension Lift, ARB Bull Bar, 245/75R/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Mopar Light Bar, Front & Transmission Skid, Galaxy CB, Rola Roof Rack