It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 05-07 parking lights & turn signals
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:35 am 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone know if these lights are amber tinted on the inside of the lens, or if the lenses themselves are amber colored plastic? I know that on some vehicles you are actually able to make the lenses clear by stripping colored tint from them.

I was originally looking to purchase clear lenses, but there's only one set on eBay right now and they're listed at $500 :roll:

Thanks for the help!

'07 4X4 KJ - Clevis, Top Plate, Isos - Black Rock Lobos, Gorilla Lugs, Goodyear Wranglers - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Curt Roof Basket, ARES Cross Bars - aFe Filter - Mopar Skids - CB, Phone Mount, Inverter, GoPro - Planned: Dynomax Muffler, Aftermarket Headunit, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Xtreme Floor Liners

Last edited by 0uTkAsT on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 05-07 parking lights & turn signals
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:09 am 
LOST Addict

the bulbs are clear behind them but you can buy amber ones. I repalced mine with LEDs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok great so I assume by that you mean the lenses themselves are clear and the amber can be removed from them?

ETA: I re-read your post and I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I'm not referring to the bulbs but the actual lenses. I would like them to be clear.

I just took mine apart this morning and discovered that the lenses themselves are in fact mold-in-colored amber. They cannot be cleared. Knowing this, the only real option to change their color would be to smoke them, which I may end up doing.

Thanks anyways for the reply!

'07 4X4 KJ - Clevis, Top Plate, Isos - Black Rock Lobos, Gorilla Lugs, Goodyear Wranglers - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Curt Roof Basket, ARES Cross Bars - aFe Filter - Mopar Skids - CB, Phone Mount, Inverter, GoPro - Planned: Dynomax Muffler, Aftermarket Headunit, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Xtreme Floor Liners

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah Sry I misunderstood.