It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: doors keep trying to lock when car is already locked
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Hopefully I'm in the right area for this question. So my concern is with my door locks. They keep trying to lock my car while it is in drive and running. Obviously the doors are already locked because it is supposed to do that automatically once, however my car continuously does it. Although it doesn't affect the driving, (except sometimes this problem occurs and my headlights start to flicker on and off as the doors are trying to lock, which is a major concern at night), I'm still concerned because I don't want the motors to burn out, and it is extremely annoying. The previous owners had installed a Viper alarm/automatic starter in the car and it's still there. I was told this could be the issue, or there could be a short somewhere, or a bad ground. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they fixed it, or if anyone knows for certain what is wrong.

Post subject: Re: doors keep trying to lock when car is already locked
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It could be the aftermarket alarm/remote starter.Have it removed and see if the problem goes away.I've seen so many issues with aftermarket alarm/remote starters when they were not installed correctly.If they used those Scotch-locks to install it it's installed wrong and will cause issues down the road.