It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Mopar iPod integration unit for my 2006 KJ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 pm 
LOST Member

I've got a 2006 Liberty CRD with the original RBQ factory stereo. I do not pay for a satellite subscription, thus my 10 pin connector is going unused (where the Serius Satellite XM Radio is plugged in). It's crazy that MP3 was not addressed on this unit in 2006, so I'm hoping to remedy that situation.

It's pretty slim pickins for a unit that will allow me to keep my original stereo with steering wheel controls and integrate an iPod/Auxiliary input.

I'm hoping someone out there might have the original Mopar iPod Integration Kit Part # 82209616AD (I've also seen it listed as: JEP82209616AC, 82209616AC, 82209616). The original MSRP was $175, the street price was $140 or $150 and the few sellers who still have them are selling them at the ridiculous price of $315 or so. All the Mopar retailers aren't selling anything that will fit a vehicle before 2008.

The alternative is to simply go with the aftermarket leader for this item, the PA11-CHR from USA Spec, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has one lying around before I buy the USA Spec model.

I thought about simply hacking into the 10 pin connector and mounting a 1/8" jack to my dash, but I'd really like to be able to control my iPod from the head unit (which the Mopar iPod integration unit and the PA11-CHR will allow) instead of just being able to plug into a jack.

I DO NOT want an aftermarket head unit. I don't like the way they look, and I want to keep my steering wheel controls.

Thanks!

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

Post subject: Re: Looking for Mopar iPod integration unit for my 2006 KJ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 am 
LOST Member

Ask ecomacgyver if he still has his chr unit. I already bought one before he offered his when I asked this question.

Jon

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.