It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with aftermarket cd player install!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

OK so I tried this under a different topic, and thought id rename it to see if people who have experience with this would chime in...

I bought a full install kit off ebay for an aftermarket headunit (or so I thought) when pulling out factory unit I noticed it has 2 harnesses. one like 2" wide and the other right next to it about 1/2" long. Now the scosche harness supplied was only the 2" one... after buttoning it up (not connecting the 1/2" connector to anything) I got a can bus error on the dash and the alarm was going off continuously and would not shut off. None of the keys buttons would actuate the locks, and when started the engine would only run for about 5 sec then shut down. Keep in mind this was all while the alarm was going off.

After getting tired of trying everything under the sun I swapped the aftermarket headunit with the factory one. Plugged all connectors in this time and the jeep fired right up, and all buttons, locks work properly with no can bus error or anything. So the question is what is the 1/2" connector really do and how does it get bypassed or whatever to allow everything to work as it should from the factory.

I checked the voltage on the battery, while it had good power I just wanted to make sure so I added my jeep with jumper cables to the mix (before swapping back to the oem head unit) I just wanted to take lack of volts out of the possible reasons list.

Thanks guys in advance!!

Why spend so much money on these simple parts, when its easy as pie to build/fab my own?!?
THIS IS MY POST!!!

Post subject: Re: Need help with aftermarket cd player install!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can you post a pic and model number of the connection harnesses? Are they PAC ??
I purchased a Pioneer DVD head unit and was sent the wrong harness, when I hooked it up I had dash chimes/alerts and such as well. Then I got the correct cord from PAC and it works great. The best thing to do is go to www.crutchfield.com, enter your vehicle information. Then the search the head unit you bought and crutchfield will tell you which harness is needed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

The harness is part number CR02B from SCOSCHE. says on the packaging it is for 2002 and up chryslers.

Like I said it diddnt come with the small harness that was on the back of the factory headunit. (small one on left of pic below)

Why spend so much money on these simple parts, when its easy as pie to build/fab my own?!?
THIS IS MY POST!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Please provide me the following information:
What year of Liberty?
Do you have the factory subwoofer?
Model and make of aftermarket radio?

Either way, this cord will not work. I didn't have the infinity sound system (subwoofer ) or navigation and mine needed this

I hate to bring bad news, but sometimes really good deals from craigslist or ebay and such don't work out when your vehicle has special requirements.

I bought my deck thru an online store and they give you 50% off the adapter when you purchase the receiver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

It is in my wifes 2007 liberty, No factory sub, Kenwood KDC-400U

Thanks

I see amazon has that adapter thing you posted for $65-ish

after the install of said unit will it require going to the dealer and having them re-flash anything?

THIS IS MY POST!!!

Last edited by rwppowerful on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

rwppowerful wrote:
It is a 2007 liberty, No factory sub, Kenwood KDC-400U

Thanks

Go to crutchfileld.com
Input your vehicle info and search decks that fit your car. Type your kenwood model in and see if it tells you to add the PAC. Or call them, almost guarantee you need the one I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks! I will be ordering one!!

THIS IS MY POST!!!