All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need to update my old radio... want Bluetooth and backup cam
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:35 am 
LOST Addict

Any ideas from the gods?

Post subject: Re: Need to update my old radio... want Bluetooth and backup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:06 am 
LOST Newbie

I am looking for an alternative aswell, but I dont like the normal aftermarket radios because they look like doo doo.

This one is the only one I think looks even a little bit more stock and should fit without adapters and such.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-Au ... SweW5VZZBe

Anyone with a similar head unit around here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

As far as bluetooth integration into the stock radio, I installed the GROM Audio unit and it works fantastic. That won't give you a backup camera though. You're going to have to either buy an aftermarket unit and have a dash that looks like an aftermarket stereo was installed, or look up the older thread on slapping in a minivan stereo and deal with the wiring nightmare. At least it will look stock though.

There are some nice standalone backup camera options that can be had for well under $150...I even saw one from ETrailer that uses your phone. Not sure how that works, but a neat idea.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:48 am 
LOST Newbie

In the process of installing a Clarion FX503 so I will have Bluetooth, backup camera, iPod control and more. Figured adding a double din unit with a screen was better than trying to add a screen. Also my factory radio was acting up, sticky volume knob. Also replacing all six speakers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:49 am 
LOST Addict

Any photos and what she cost ya?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

riptricket wrote:
Any photos and what she cost ya?

The head unit, two sets of Infinty Primus speakers ( 6.5 two ways for the rear doors. 6.5 components for the front doors and dash) plus installation supplies was just over $400 from Crutchfield. I ordered a backup camera and some sound deadening material from Amazon. The head unit is in place and running the rear door speakers. Today I finished the rear door speakers and got the woofers installed in the front doors. Need to put the tweeters in the sash and wire up the crossovers and tweeters. I'll send the woofers signals through the factory wiring to the front doors. I'll post some pics when I'm done. This is in an 05 Liberty Sport
CRD.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:45 am 
LOST Addict

I just installed a pioneer FHX820BS into my jeep. Its not a touchscreen unit, just a double din regular unit, so it won't work with a backup camera. I got it because out here in Utah and Wyoming you need XM if you get anywhere outside of SLC and its compatible. Bluetooth calls and streaming audio both work very well despite my jeep being a straight piped CRD which is a but loud.

It did help with sound quality but I think that probably has to due with the tuning of the unit itself

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Radio and speakers are in and working well. Backup camera is physically installed but not completely wired up, waiting for a warmer day to finish. Enjoying the Bluetooth streaming and iPod hookup. Display could be a little brighter in the sun. Also the dimmer function is not happy with the orange wire in the Sport wiring harness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Backup cam is functioning! I used a plate frame mounted one and it works well despite being off center on a KJ. Hooked the dimmer wire up to a tail light lead and it is happy also.