It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear door rolling lock -- why won't it die??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone else tried to disable the rolling locks, but the rear door / hatch just won't stop? I'm tired of having to walk around and hit the unlock button EVERY TIME I need to get in the back. There must be a way to stop the insanity.

Post subject: Re: Rear door rolling lock -- why won't it die??
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Interested too

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:01 pm 
LOST Addict

I really like the feature where if you have the battery out, and you open the back door, (if you hit unlock first :lol: ) it then won't latch, and keeps springing back up. Sorry, I couldn't help it...

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 am 

thefunk wrote:
Has anyone else tried to disable the rolling locks, but the rear door / hatch just won't stop? I'm tired of having to walk around and hit the unlock button EVERY TIME I need to get in the back. There must be a way to stop the insanity.

If you have an Overhead Console (EVIC) this may be the answer, it is from the owners manual?
from page 132 on Overhead Console (EVIC):
Auto Unlock On Exit? (Available Only When the AUTO DOOR LOCKS Feature is Turned On)
When this feature is selected all the vehicle’s doors will unlock when the driver’s door is opened if the vehicle is
stopped and the transmission is in P (Park) or N (Neutral) position. Pressing the STEP button when in this display will select “Yes” or “No.”

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

This annoying feature can be temporarily disabled for each start. When I hear the locks engage at 15mph I hit the unlock and they won't automatically lock until after the next start. Not perfect, but at least I don't have to dig my keys out to unload groceries every time I forget to unlock all the doors. Dealerships are reluctant to disable this "safety feature".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm 
LOST Addict

The best part is that this wonderful feature causes us to wear out the entire locking system. I guess we could cut the "lock signal" wire to the rear gate, add a switch in line, and then we could choose when it would be locked (the switch would interrupt the signal. But, even that probably wont work if the same wire allows for the glass to be released :banghead:

Maybe a whole series of switches on the dash is the solution :jester:

What's that switch for? Oh, that's the chrysler engineers are stupid switch!

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Don't know if this is the same as mine but its doing my head in.
My doors don't auto lock except for the tailgate, but it locks as soon as engine is running. You cannot open it until the engine is off and key out. Then lock car and unlock it. After that you can pull handle to open back.
Or pull key out and use unlock tailgate on keyfob.
Drives me nuts as you can't just pull up an run around to grab something out of the back whilst keeping the car running.
:(

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:29 am 

Ben-n-Jo wrote:
My doors don't auto lock except for the tailgate, but it locks as soon as engine is running. You cannot open it until the engine is off and key out. Then lock car and unlock it. After that you can pull handle to open back.
Drives me nuts as you can't just pull up an run around to grab something out of the back whilst keeping the car running.

That's really crazy! :shock: :o
Have you checked all the fuses? Always the first and best place to start with any electrical problem.
next
Wiring diagrams are available in the Factory Service Manuals (FSM) on line at:> http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
All the lock/unlock control functions are routed to/from the Body Control Module.
It could also be a ground problem. The grounds are covered in the FSM. There are even drawings of their respective locations.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Ben-n-Jo wrote:

I've seen this a few times. If I remember correctly, replacing the glass latch mechanism solved it. I've had so many with this problem that I grab the parts at the junkyard.
-now my personal jeep only opens when it wants to, and I have to use the passenger side unlock or key fob to unlock the back. Driver's side unlock works for everything else... Figure that one out!

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry for the very late reply.
Seems to be normal.
Seems that when you start car rear door locks but if you unlock doors from drivers door you can get out and open back door/glass with it running. Or you need to take key out too use fob. Rear door/glass will stay locked until car is locked then unlocked or double click the fob. Must be a safety thing.