It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 Jeep Liberty lighting issues.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello All,

I am brand new to forums and hope to find some help here. I have a 2008 Liberty and have lost my daytime running lights (these are standard here in Canada) also no high beam headlights. The local dealer says that everything runs through the integrated control module and there is no relays that are replaceable (other than the complete module - very expensive and would require programming) Also tried to order a repair manual but can only get one that goes up to 2007. If anyone on here has any ideas about maybe modifying the light wiring and installing a good old fashion relay block or even a current wiring diagram for the 2008 and up. All help would be appreciated!

Thank You!

Post subject: Re: 2008 Jeep Liberty lighting issues.
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:32 am 
LOST Newbie

well i know this is way late lol. but yes, you can wire in your own headlights. pretty simple too. you can use relays that run off of the ignition switch so your lights won't stay on after you turn the jeep on. downside, you lose the headlight feature when you unlock the vehicle. (that is run by the module everything feeds through) with some extra effort im sure you could run the relays to your oem headlight wiring in the multi function switch. :D

that being said, how confident are you in your wiring abilities? seasoned vet? virgin wire stripper?

also if you don't have the proper tools, an investment in doing so will be worth it's weight in GOLD and will save you lots of time.
lastly i will include a link to a super simple and as clear as you can get diagram for running high and low beam through the proper relays. you can make it simpler per set (high or low) by using basic relays but you will basically double the amount of wiring you will need to do.

i'll help as much as i can and i'm sure we can find some wiring gurus on here that can make it even easier for you. i'm no guru but i have put in my fair share of hours.

ps :google: is your friend

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/for ... ?tid=20098