It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EVIC in 2005 Liberty CRD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 am 
LOST Member

SUMMARY for future readers:

I have a 2005 CRD and - 56010438AC - Worked fine so far for me.

The temp worked immediately with no modification.
Had to drive around for a couple days but then the compass self calibrated.
It has TPMS readings for each wheel (not sure if the 5th can be turned on but I don't really care). I haven't installed any TPMS in the wheels so this hasn't been fully tested.
The Homelink works great.
All function of the EVIC work as noted (haven't tried to program a key FOB yet though).
The sunroof switch had to be swapped or at least I didn't figure out how to make it work.
The dome light needed the wires switched around. I found this from the 40+ page thread and it worked:

ORIGINAL:

A - YL/LB
B - RD
C - BK/WT

SWITCHED TO:

A - RD
B - BK/WT
C - YL/LB

ORIGINAL POSTINGS BELOW:

Hello,
I have a 2005 CRD Liberty and want to install EVIC w/ the smart TPMS (actually shows tire pressure). Do the CRDs use a different EVIC? The one I am looking at is 56010438AC, can I tell what kind of TPMS it is?

Jacob

Last edited by Science and Energy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EVIC in 2005 Liberty CRD
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

don't know if you ever got this answered... if not, go to http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-in ... ter-25616/ . there is a thread that is 40 pages long and will most likely answer any questions you have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:13 am 

Science and Energy wrote:
Hello,
I have a 2005 CRD Liberty and want to install EVIC w/ the smart TPMS (actually shows tire pressure). Do the CRDs use a different EVIC? The one I am looking at is 56010438AC, can I tell what kind of TPMS it is?
Jacob

Jacob, this is the correct part number for the overhead console EVIC module you are wanting: PN: 56010527AE
Google PN to find best price! :google:

It fits the following vehicles:
Jeep Liberty 4x4, 2.8L 4 Cyl Turbo Diesel, 5-Spd Automatic 5-45RFE EDTION Limited 2006
Jeep Liberty 4x4, 2.8L 4 Cyl Turbo Diesel, 5-Spd Automatic 5-45RFE SPORT 2005, 2006

Item no. 3 on the diagram:
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/pro ... 527AE.html

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Is this also the right part if you don't want the tpms system? I need to replace mine as the PO used the Wrong part, no temp...

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 am 
LOST Member

OK, so now that the Jeep engine is finally repaired I am getting back to this. WWDiesel, thanks for posting the module you found. I just went to another parts website and entered the VIN. They give me this number: 56010520AE

I found a random one in a junk yard and tried throwing it in. It worksish.

I have no TPMS so I get that warning which was expected. I got the temp and compass working (though the compass seems off). The stupid sunroof switch in the housing looked the same but was completely different so I painfully cut and swapped the switches. That looks great, like stock now. The stupid dome light wiring is different and I haven’t worked that out yet. The Jeep seems to power the lights with a constant hot 12 and a 0-12v supply that cause it to dim out and the light bulb ends in two 12v supplies that make the light go out (no voltage differential). I will get the wires right on that sooner or later. I can open my garage door with it and the average MPG is working.

BUT

Since I installed it, my keyless entry stopped working. I tried to initiate the learn key thing but it won’t recognize my key now. I had told it to unlock all doors when the button is pressed so maybe I will change that back and see if it helps.

What part should I get:
56010520AE or 56010527AE

Anyone have an 05 CRD with EVIC that came with it? I’d greatly appreciate knowing the part number on it.

Post subject: SUMMARY
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am 
LOST Member

Just tried to hook up an OBDII tool and it won't read now. I am going to disconnect this EVIC when I get home today. It definitely is not compatible. Maybe because it is a CRD and the donor wasn't or something.

UPDATE

GOOD NEWS, I AM JUST AN IDIOT AGAIN.
I must have briefly shorted a wire while hooking things up. The 10 amp fuse for the port was blown. Everything back to normal plus fully functional EVIC.

SUMMARY for future readers:

I have a 2005 CRD
56010438AC Worked for me.
The temp worked immediately with no modification
It has TPMS for each wheel (not sure if the 5th can be turned on but I don't really care).
The Homelink works great.
All function of the EVIC work as noted (haven't tried to program a key FOB yet).
The sunroof switch had to be swapped or at least I didn't figure out how to make it work.
The dome light needed the wires switched around. I found this from the 40+ page thread and it worked:

ORIGINAL:

A - YL/LB
B - RD
C - BK/WT

SWITCHED TO:

A - RD
B - BK/WT
C - YL/LB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am 
LOST Member

Any TPMS replacements recommended for this 2004 EVIC?

Update:
I called 5 different places. Walmart is by FAR the cheapest at 39 bucks per wheel. That includes sensor and install. Some places wanted 400 total for everything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:32 pm 
LOST Member

Update:
Everything works but......
I just tried the key program function and discovered it doesn't work. I am unsure if this is due to the cheap keys I bought online or if it is because it is a 2005 with a 2004 EVIC. I put new batteries in it with no change.

Any ideas?

I will be looking into the 56010527AE.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:05 am 
LOST Member

Had to pay the dealer $50 to have the keys programed. They were programed though so it shows the EVIC I have in my 2005 only partially works. I am still having a hard time finding a 2005 with TPMS readout and garage door openers.