It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KK Key Fob To Memory System Failure
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Greetings To The Lost World!

Lando the Liberty (2010 KK) is having an issue with his memory; seat position, and electric mirror positioning to be exact. We have 3 factory keys. All of them are mated to the security side of the computer, and will start, and run the engine just fine. Two of the keys are paired to the number 1, and number 2 memory levels in the vehicle, and the third is not paired to any memory level. The problem is that sometimes when you start the vehicle with one of the keys the vehicle reverts to the memory of the previous driver, and not the key that is in the ignition. Other times it works perfectly the correct settings for the key take affect as you start the truck, and the LCD panel on the radio will state the the settings for that specific driver are being applied. So I know at this point the truck does know which key is which; but why does it go brain dead at other times and not perform as it should with the currently inserted key?

I thought about RFI as a possibility so I got rid of my wife's cheapo power port adapter with the two USB ports. That did not solve the problem.

I know some brand X cars have problems if two chip keys for two separate cars are on the same key ring. I do not think this our problem, because we both have the KK key on our ring as well as the key for our 08 Chrysler Aspen. The keys are the same style. The Aspen is never confused by which driver is taking control, so I am ruling out interference from the Aspen key when driving he Liberty, unless somebody knows something about the KK security system being hyper sensitive to adjacent keys of similar design.

So I seek advice, and knowledge here from the masses. Your kind assistance is appreciated.

Lando Liberty 2011 Kk