It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: L.O.S.T. RotM Contest - July - Patriotic = ENTRY CLOSED!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:56 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Welcome to our July RotM contest which will be an interesting and fun, imaginative contest! Rules are below, so lets read them through before posting. I will delete any pics submitted that do not conform to the rules. With that said, let`s get to the fun part!

This months theme will be "Patriotic". Use your creativity and imagination and post a pic with your jeep that in some way shows your patriotic spirit!. So lets see some imagination here! Get a flag out, maybe some fireworks, or just use that creativity and imagination and get posting!!!

Cool prize: TBA

Remember: This is RIG of the month, NOT Friend of the month. Vote for the best pic/rig in conjunction with the theme of that month, not your friend. Lets pick winners that really show off a great jeep in a cool location bone stock or modded it really does not matter.

Thanks and good luck everyone! Lets see some great participation!

Mike

p.s. If needed, I`ll extend the deadline but get your pics in asap in case it fills fast! Remember, only 10 slots available and its the first 10 to post!

p.s.s. Soon to be announced prize info!

The Rules

• L.O.S.T. members only! You must be a registered member of this site to enter the contest.

• Only Jeeps allowed! - We have some members that don`t have a KJ so we`ll allow the other Jeep bretheren. You must be the owner of the Jeep. (We`ll test these waters. ;))

• No Links allowed - You must post a pic in the thread (instructions below). You may "name" or even describe your pic (keep it brief please!).

• No computer enhancemants - Pic must be unaltered. No exceptions in any way. Au natural photo...

Please keep the size of the pics to no larger than 640 x 480!

• 1 winner per year - You can only win one month per year. No exceptions. That means you may not enter again, even if you have another Jeep, if you win. January 2006 will be the start over.

• If you do not win, you may enter in other months contests and also can use the same pics if it fits into the theme of the current month. Again, January 2006 will be the start over.

You can only vote once (even if it is your rig) and no family members are allowed to vote in addition. This is strictly a member rig vote (meaning you can`t get the wife/husband, kids, aunt/uncle, friends, etc. to vote. 1 vote per "rig family" allowed. Remember, honesty is the best policy!).

• If any entrant is found to have cheated in any way, they will be disqualified immediately. We will be checking IP`s, etc. I reserve the right to disqualify any pic/person at my discretion.

All "deadlines" are at midnight EST (GMT -4) of that day.

• No more than 2 pics!

Tiebreaker: I will not vote to ensure impartiality but instead use an electronic randomizer (online) to determine the winner in case of a tie.

The Deal

What you do is, if you are interested in entering, you post your pic(s) in this ROTM thread. When posting your pic, please provide details of your Jeep like vehicle year, modifications, etc. if you like. We will give everyone 2 weeks (the first 14 days of the month) to submit your entry. On the 15th, we will end submissions and start a poll (If we get the limit of 10 rigs before the 14th, I`ll start it sooner). We then have the last 2+ weeks (to the last day of the month) for everyone to vote. On the 1st of each month, the winner will be announced!.

So, good luck! Have fun and may the best rig win!

Mike

How to post a pic

• Have a picture hosted on a site (i.e. CarDomain, Webshots, etc.).

• Right click on the picture (first click the pic to enlarge if you are using a CarDomain pic)

• Click on "Properties".

• Copy and paste the whole "location" (ends in ".jpg" for example)

• Come to this thread and Click "Post Reply"

• Click "Img" at the top, paste the Address you c&p`ed, and click "Img" again. Make sure there is a [img]before%20the%20beginning%20of%20the%20addy%20and%20a[/img] at the end of the addy

• Then fill your info below and click "Submit"

• Then drool over the other pics of the sweet rigs and wait for voting!:D :P

Last edited by Talon 1 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Had the Jeep out front this morning and saw Old Glory waving in the breeze and it reminded me of Rig of the Month for July...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

Not my Jeep, though I can dream... The picture is not editted. The sun was setting behind the Jeep illuminating the giant flag in front of it to reflect off of the windshield.
The reflection was too much for me to ignore. So was the modified suspension of this CJ7. Look Ma no Leafsprings......

LOST#065178
2005 KJ Sport CRD
2.5" Daystar(F) Skyjacker(R) hybrid lift
245/75/16 MTRs on Moab rims
JKS Supernerf Rockrails/MOPAR skids
Aeroturbine 2525

Last edited by spoonyG on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:31 am 
Master of the Blender

Spoony - nice pic, but ya might wanna re-size :wink:

OK, since you are allowing edited images this round I will throw in the following:

I'll try to get a normal shot by the deadline to upload. Personally, I'm probably gonna vote for one of the others (not sayin' who), but I had this idea the other night. Enjoy.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

spoonyG wrote:
Not my Jeep, though I can dream...
The windshield reflection was too much for me to ignore. So was the modified suspension of this CJ7. Look Ma no Leafsprings......

Very cool jeep. If they wave the "must be the owner of the Jeep" rule, you might win. :D

Here is my "I don't own it entry" and I might have a better one at home to scan in from a Jeep 101 a long time ago...

Here it is, my second and REALLY wish I owned entry that I saw at Jeep 101 way back when the Liberty was first released...

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Last edited by alljeep on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I think this should be patriotic enough. I took it at the Kit Carson Memorial park on Fort Carson, CO with NORAD in the background.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:47 am 
LOST Junkie

The back of my KJ is always patriotic!

L.O.S.T. #000202
2021 Compass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I pass by this all the time so i thought i would stop and let my jeep strike a pose.

quick note: this is right outside of ft. knox