It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Who is your choice for L.O.S.T.`s October RotM?
Poll ended at Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:31 pm
Buzzer 35%  35%  [ 35 ]
corwyn 14%  14%  [ 14 ]
4wdParakeet 13%  13%  [ 13 ]
alljeep 37%  37%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 99
 Post subject: L.O.S.T. RotM Contest - Oct - Halloween = VOTING HAS ENDED!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:31 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Calling all members! Now is your chance to vote in the RotM contest! This months theme was "Halloween" and although we didn`t fill up this time (shame on some of you...:p), we have some really great pics with each one being creative in in it`s own way. Congrats to you four for the great creativity shown! Gonna be tough to decide...Also, Nanette had a great one that would have gotten in if it was her Rubi. Awesome idea on the creative side even ithough she was "joking". :lol:

Click Here for the page to go and check out those awesomely creative and spooky pics and then come here and vote for your fave pic. Just a reminder, pick the person`s pic who you feel shows off the Jeep showing off that "Halloween" spirit, bone stock or modded. Not just your friend.

Remember, honesty is the best policy! Rules are on the 1st page and we will be checking IP`s.

Vote away!

Mike

p.s. If a pic doesn`t show for you, right click on it and click "view image."

Reminder:

You can only vote once (even if it is your rig) and no family members are allowed to vote in addition. This is strictly a member rig vote (meaning you can`t get the wife/husband, kids, aunt/uncle, friends, etc. to vote. 1 vote per "rig family" allowed. Remember, honesty is the best policy!).

If any entrant is found to have cheated in any way, even if other family/friend(s) did something to alter the outcome without their knowledge, they will be disqualified immediately. We will be checking IP`s, etc. I reserve the right to disqualify any pic/person at my discretion.

Last edited by Talon 1 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I wish this one could of had more people! I just couldnt think of anything nor did I have the time with school.. :(

Im going out tomorrow to get pics for Nov!!!!! :D

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:42 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Can we do a write-in for TJKJ2002? His KJ always looks like a pumpkin with his orange and black paint job. :wink:

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:32 pm 
LOST Member

if i would have known, that we could have just done a paper mache of a Jeep, i'd of had our family do a 1/2 scale of a jeep with corn stalks growing through it..... in our corn field....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Buzzer wrote:
if i would have known, that we could have just done a paper mache of a Jeep, i'd of had our family do a 1/2 scale of a jeep with corn stalks growing through it..... in our corn field....

Your already leading by a landslide. Did you have to make a piss poor comment like that about someone's son and what appears, to at least several folks, to be a cool idea that was Liberty based?

I've seen Wrangler photos win in here so it's all fair. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:44 pm 
LOST Member

i didn't mean nothing bad by it.. it was a cool idea... i would have done the paper mache jeep if i had understood we were able to do so....... and i said that way before there were this many votes out there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:10 am 
Master of the Blender

Well, I guess I need to see about getting some fall floiage shots this weekend up in the mountains (if there's any leaves left on the trees :P )

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 pm 

Technically, it wouldn`t be allowed but I let it in since we didn`t have many "creative" people out there for this month...and it was a cute and creative idea at that. "Technically" it is their "Jeep" so I ruled it could stay as the exception to the rule as I stressed the creativity part and it was very creative.

What this means though, is I don`t want to see people making "Jeeps" out of anything in future contests. It has to be their "real" Jeep. It`s cool for this months and I like it just as much as the other 3 entries so it`s all good. 8)

Mike

EX-Vice Pres. Mid Atlantic Chapter
L.O.S.T. Moderator

Rusty`s Lift, all armor, BB`s, locked, and tons more stuff...and more to come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:40 am 
LOST Member

i agree..... i love the idea of paper mache... built lots of cool stuff in high school with it and would have done the same thing, given the op...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Talon 1 wrote:
Technically, it wouldn`t be allowed but I let it in since we didn`t have many "creative" people out there for this month...and it was a cute and creative idea at that. "Technically" it is their "Jeep" so I ruled it could stay as the exception to the rule as I stressed the creativity part and it was very creative.

What this means though, is I don`t want to see people making "Jeeps" out of anything in future contests. It has to be their "real" Jeep. It`s cool for this months and I like it just as much as the other 3 entries so it`s all good. 8)

Mike

It's all good. Like I said (I think) earlier, this was last year right after I got the Jeep so this was not put together in a rush for this contest - it was an original idea by my son a long time ago. "Technically" Buzzer's post is oversized with the 800x600 picture size but I like it and I've been trying for months now with an occassional comment to get the rules bumped up to 800x600 - just looks so much better at that size 8) (hint, hint).

I coundn't believe it when my son demanded it, not asked, but demanded - and then, my wife said "ok" while I'm still standing there like "how in the heck am I gonna do, make, what???" I at least made him say please after my wife had already approved it! Gotta try to teach some manners ya know!

Matching the paint was a bear, and he had to have all the Liberty logos on it in the right places - Jeep on the hood, Liberty on the sides, CRD on the rear, had to be khaki, had to have a sunroof, ect, ect, ect.

Not what I expected from, at the time, a 3ry old. We still have it, it's sitting on a shelf in the garage right in front of the real CRD, like it's little twin :lol:

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:02 pm 
LOST Member

how does 1 know what the pic size is.. more then willing to down size... this was what the camra does, and not sure how to change it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:27 pm 

alljeep wrote:
"Technically" Buzzer's post is oversized with the 800x600 picture size but I like it and I've been trying for months now with an occassional comment to get the rules bumped up to 800x600 - just looks so much better at that size 8) (hint, hint).

Another one of my "exceptions" I have let go since it didn`t make the browser go nuts... :wink: Originally, Clint had suggested 640 x 480 as a rule but I will make it 800x600 since it is still browser friendly.

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:03 am 
Master of the Blender

I think the only time 800x600 looks wonky is when someone posts with an oversized avatar, then everything gets pushed off the side...

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Haha, all jeep is coming back!!! 8)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:11 pm 
LOST Member

tied up now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:59 pm 

corwyyn wrote:
I think the only time 800x600 looks wonky is when someone posts with an oversized avatar, then everything gets pushed off the side...

If that would happen then that someone would need to do something about that "oversized" avatar... :wink:

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 pm 
Master of the Blender

Talon 1 wrote:
corwyyn wrote:

If that would happen then that someone would need to do something about that "oversized" avatar... :wink:

Yep, it would be a good way to 'flush them out' :P

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:28 pm 
LOST Member

ratmloud wrote:
tied up now!

this is too intense :shock:

L.O.S.T. Member# 173501

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wow, never seen this before. :shock:

-Atlantic Blue
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:23 pm 
LOST Member

OH WELL!!! :cry: