It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: L.O.S.T. RotM Contest - Dec - Xmas/Holiday = ENTRY CLOSED!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:09 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Welcome to our December RotM contest which will be a "Xmas/Holiday" theme. A pic with your Jeep and anything Xmas/Holiday themed. A great opportunity to show off your creativity and holiday spirit!. Get in a nice shot with a sweet lawn set up (whether yours or not), break out some of those decorations/lights and hook them up to your Jeep temporarily, get in a Xmas parade with the Jeep, etc.. The only limit is your imagination!

Let`s end this final contest of the year in a bang and see alot of great pics! Remember, only 10 slots available...so once filled you snooze, you lose...;)

Rules are below, so lets read them through before posting. I will delete any pics submitted that do not conform to the rules. With that said, let`s get to the fun part!

Cool prizes: a few goodies courtesy of Don (pixeldzn). (winner must pm me their info) and a nice offer from HotRodOil.com. See here for details.

Remember: This is RIG of the month, not FRIEND of the month. Vote for the best pic/rig in conjunction with the theme of that month, not just your friend. Lets pick winners that really show off a great jeep in a cool location bone stock or modded, it really does not matter.

Thanks and good luck everyone! Lets see some great participation!

Mike

p.s. Remember, only 10 slots available and its the first 10 to post their entry pics!

The Rules

• L.O.S.T. members only! You must be a registered member of this site to enter the contest.

• Only Jeeps allowed! - We have some members that don`t have a KJ so we`ll allow the other Jeep bretheren. You must be the owner of the Jeep.

• No Links allowed - You must post a pic in the thread (instructions below). You may "name" or even describe your pic (keep it brief please!).

• No computer enhancemants - Pic must be unaltered. No exceptions in any way. Au natural photo...

Please keep the size of the pics to no larger than 800 x 600!

• 1 winner per year - You can only win one month per year. No exceptions. That means you may not enter again, even if you have another Jeep, if you win. January 2007 will be the start over.

• If you do not win, you may enter in other months contests and also can use the same pics if it fits into the theme of the current month. Again, January 2007 will be the start over.

You can only vote once (even if it is your rig) and no family members are allowed to vote in addition. This is strictly a member rig vote (meaning you can`t get the wife/husband, kids, aunt/uncle, friends, etc. to vote. 1 vote per "rig family" allowed. Remember, honesty is the best policy!).

• If any entrant is found to have cheated in any way, even if other family/friend(s) did something to alter the outcome without their knowledge, they will be disqualified immediately. We will be checking IP`s, etc. I reserve the right to disqualify any pic/person at my discretion.

• You may change a pic that you entered with another pic if you change your mind during entry only. Once entry is full and the voting has started, you may not change it. Any violation of this will get you disqualified immediately.

All "deadlines" are at midnight EST (GMT -4) of that day.

No more than 2 pics!

Tiebreaker: I will not vote to ensure impartiality but instead use an electronic randomizer (online) to determine the winner in case of a tie.

The Deal

What you do is, if you are interested in entering, you post your pic(s) in this ROTM thread. When posting your pic, please provide details of your Jeep like vehicle year, modifications, etc. if you like. We will give everyone 2 weeks (the first 14 days of the month) to submit your entry. On the 15th, we will end submissions and start a voting poll in a separate thread (If we get the limit of 10 rigs before the 14th, I`ll start it sooner). We then have the last 2+ weeks (to the last day of the month) for everyone to vote. On the 1st of each month, the winner will be announced!.

So, good luck! Have fun and may the best rig win!

Mike

How to post a pic

• Have a picture hosted on a site (i.e. CarDomain, Webshots, etc.).

• Right click on the picture (first click the pic to enlarge if you are using a CarDomain pic)

• Click on "Properties".

• Copy and paste the whole "location" (ends in ".jpg" for example)

• Come to this thread and Click "Post Reply"

• Click "Img" at the top, paste the Address you c&p`ed, and click "Img" again. Make sure there is a [img]before%20the%20beginning%20of%20the%20addy%20and%20a[/img] at the end of the addy

• Then fill your info below and click "Submit"

• Then drool over the other pics of the sweet rigs and wait for voting!:D :P

Last edited by Talon 1 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:43 pm 
LOST Member

Last edited by Buzzer on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Christmas in Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:10 pm 
Master of the Blender

This is about as good as it gets in the desert:

Of course, it WAS 65 just after sunset when I took the shot, so I guess I won't complain too much 8)

EDIT: Looks like this month is off to a sslllooooowwwwww start :?

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here are my meager offerings for the month (Taken 12/10/06 at the GLJT Toys for Tots run):

Last edited by jeepfrog on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:08 pm 
LOST Addict

It's not very "holiday-ish" but it's mine and there's no snow to be found in Michigan these days anyway

My information is in my signature (i.e. all stock)

The picture was taken right before thanksgiving so the only thing that has changed between then and now is the leaves are not on the trees anymore.

And since it's not very cold outside here is my all time favorite winter picture of the Liberty

USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks

Last edited by sleeve84028 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just something we threw together. The closest we could get to snow on a 65 degree day was the fake snowman. Hey, Check out that tail!! :twisted:

BTW, that is the same outfit my wife was wearing when we met 18 yrs ago at a Christmas party. Yeah I know.....Yawn! :roll:

:lol:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Look! snow!

I'm still waiting for snow that sticks to the ground for longer than a few hours to get a real photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I love taking pics at night. :D

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!! :)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, ok, here you go. Nope, it's not plugged into the house either, i drive around with the lights on! ;)

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install