Frankenlifted
Boulder Bar
245/75 MTR's
Trans Skid
XM Alpine Stereo
Cobra CB
Rear Accessory Lights
Front and Rear Hitches
Broken Fog Light Courtesy of John Bull (05)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:34 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Hmmm, explain a bit more on both ideas. Everyone else, what are your thoughts on these? Other stuff? Like to get more input!! ;)

Mike

EX-Vice Pres. Mid Atlantic Chapter
L.O.S.T. Moderator

Rusty`s Lift, all armor, BB`s, locked, and tons more stuff...and more to come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

just pics of your KJ in situations that you didn't think that it would be able to do. One of those deals like you watch your buddy in a lifted wrangler get stuck and then you decide to go ahead and try it and make it through

Parakeet

89 XJ that thinks tax time is Christmas

I will have another KJ I promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Down on the farm was probably a bad idea since most members probably don't live on a farm or work on one. I couldn't come up with any real good examples for the theme either so scratch that one.

How about a month themed for climbing? Let's see the KJs going up steep inclines. These could be pics from inside or outside the Jeep and could be on any surface (mud, snow, rock, etc). If you have a pic of your KJ going up a steep incline and your thought when you were taking the obstacle was "I'll never be able to do that" or "What was I thinking" then that's perfect.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Maybe in the fall we could have a hunting/fishing theme?

Flowmaster 40 Series
2.5 Lift
1000 watt Kenwood DB+
Electric Trailer Brake Controller
Lost KJ Rockies sticker
More to come...of course
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2342890

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Down on the farm sounds cool...August will be a Beachin theme, I don't live anywhere near a beach or anything like that...but I do live on a farm, and most people live close enough near one to get a picture...even a farmers market will have the stalks up and all that jazz for Halloween...and would match that theme...

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:51 am 

OK, let`s get this discussion geared up again for the 3 months not chosen yet: September, November, December.

December, we can make it a Christmas theme. What does everyone think about that? Any other suggestions? The other two months? I like the suggestions above about places where you could go where a Wrangler couldn`t but that could fall under many categories (i.e. rock crawling, forest, etc... which is usually covered in at least one or two months in the year). I`m open to all suggestions. Let`s get some feedback!

Mike

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

October: Best KJ Costume....how do you hide your KJ...could be a KJ in the garage type theme or something...

November: Best KJ Leaf pose...I know by at least Novemeber lots of leaves are changing colors and are on the ground so pic a pose in a leaf pile or something like...

December: What Talon said a Christams theme...best holiday hsot with your KJ and something Christmas-like....

my .02

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:03 pm 

Now that you mention it, November should be our "Fall Foliage" month. Plenty of time to have gotten your nice fall foliage pics and those pics are just too nice to pass up, not to mention how sweet they would look on a calendar. ;)

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Talon 1 wrote:
OK, let`s get this discussion geared up again for the 3 months not chosen yet: September, November, December.

December, we can make it a Christmas theme. What does everyone think about that? Any other suggestions? The other two months? I like the suggestions above about places where you could go where a Wrangler couldn`t but that could fall under many categories (i.e. rock crawling, forest, etc... which is usually covered in at least one or two months in the year). I`m open to all suggestions. Let`s get some feedback!

Mike

So the only thing left is September right? First post needs updated to show November as Fall Foliage, and December as X-Mas/Holiday month.

I think the beach theme should include some hot beach chicks with the KJs, then I'm ok not living near a beach :D

I like the KJ Climb idea - could be climbing hills, rocks, snow, other cars, urban landscape!?! I do think it should be KJ only for this one as there are tons of awesome wrangler climbing pictures out there that have almost become common place.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:31 pm 

OK, it`s all updated and everything is set! Thanks for the suggestions and feedback everyone!

Mike

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:04 pm 
I live here
I live here

If we have a beachin theme, can we have a mountain theme next go around? Kinda tough for us in the mountains to find a decent beach.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:09 pm 

Sounds good to me if others like it as well. Remind me when we start our 2007 discussion later this fall. ;)

Mike

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:09 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

would that fall within the climbing theme ? could also have a mountain back drop

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:57 pm 
I live here
I live here

The climbing theme could include sand dunes at the beach, a steep dirt hill with big potholes, etc. You wouldn't have to have a mountain view.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:08 pm 

Agreed. And the mountain theme to me would be a pic with a backdrop of a mountain in any way. Just a pic with your jeep in mountain forest doesnt, in my opinion, fall in the mountain category. That would be a forest type pic.

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:37 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

thats exactualy what I was saying in my post above ( 2 up ) you could do a climbing theme shot with a mountain backdrop I know you colorado guy's must have some :)

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just looking at the themes and had a thought. Wouldn't it make more sense to shuffle them all up a month? e.g have the Halloween pics in November, so that we have all of October to find a good one? Seeing as Halloween isn't till the end of October and the deadline is the 15th, there's not going to be too many opportunities to grab pics in September or early Oct.

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:27 pm 

The problem with that is then it just doesn`t "feel" right. A "Christmas" one in the next month? A Patriotic them in August? Halloween in Thanksgiving month? I thought about it but just don`t feel like it`s right. Your current "theme" month should reflect the actual holiday (if the theme is a holiday one) of that month.

Most folks have had their KJ for years now and should have pics. If you have a new KJ or haven`t gotten any "themed" pic yet, then you can be creative and get a few pics for that theme. I do always suggest being creative...:) For instance, Halloween stuff is out now. You have an entire month to get something ready for next months contest. Like I always say: Be creative!

There also is 12 months which is 12 different themes, more than enough to at least fit one theme for a person but I`m sure most, if not all of us, would be able to fit several themes. None of us will always be able to do each and every theme so if you just can`t do the current month, just be ready for the next months and also vote for the current months entrants! :)

MIke

L.O.S.T. Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:?: :?: :?:

Has any thought been given to bumping up the allowable picture size just a tad. I was hoping for 800x600. A lot of these pictures look good at 640x480, but 800x600 would look awesome not to mention even on my teeny-tiny laptop screen the 800x600 size is not a problem.

:?: :?: :?:

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.