It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rig of the Month - January - Snow ALL SLOTS FILLED!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Welcome to our Happy New Year January RotM contest! Rules are below, so lets read them through before posting. I will delete any pics submitted that do not conform to the rules. With that said, let`s get to the fun part!

This months theme will be "Snow". This one is self explanatory. The more snow, the better! Stock or lifted, everyone is allowed to enter this one. 4x4, 4x2, it doesn`t matter! Any pics, old or new, can be used.

Cool prize: The winner gets a LOSTKJS.COM T Shirt courtesy of the KJ WEST guys and gals!

Remember: This is RIG of the month, NOT Friend of the month. Vote for the best pic/rig in conjunction with the theme of that month, not your friend. Lets pick winners that really show off a great jeep in a cool location bone stock or modded it really does not matter. 8)

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Mike

p.s. This is the brand new year so all winners from last year are able to participate.

The Rules

• L.O.S.T. members only! You must be a registered member of this site to enter the contest.

• Only Jeeps allowed! - We have some members that don`t have a KJ so we`ll allow the other Jeep bretheren. You must be the owner of the Jeep. (We`ll test these waters. ;))

• No Links allowed - You must post a pic in the thread (instructions below). You may "name" or even describe your pic (keep it brief please!).

• No computer enhancemants - Pic must be unaltered. No exceptions in any way. Au natural photo...

Please keep the size of the pics to no larger than 640 x 480!

• 1 winner per year - You can only win one month per year. No exceptions. That means you may not enter again, even if you have another Jeep, if you win. January 2006 will be the start over.

• If you do not win, you may enter in other months contests and also can use the same pics if it fits into the theme of the current month. Again, January 2006 will be the start over.

You can only vote once (even if it is your rig) and no family members are allowed to vote in addition. This is strictly a member rig vote (meaning you can`t get the wife/husband, kids, aunt/uncle, friends, etc. to vote. 1 vote per "rig family" allowed. Remember, honesty is the best policy!).

• If any entrant is found to have cheated in any way, they will be disqualified immediately. We will be checking IP`s, etc. I reserve the right to disqualify any pic/person at my discretion.

All "deadlines" are at midnight EST (GMT -4) of that day.

• No more than 2 pics!

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie(s), we will give the adjudication of the tied members rigs to Clint (skrracing). His vote would be the tiebreaking vote to determine the winner. He will decide the winner randomly.

The Deal

What you do is, if you are interested in entering, you post your pic(s) in this ROTM thread. When posting your pic, please provide details of your KJ like vehicle year, modifications, etc. if you like. We will give everyone 2 weeks (the first 14 days of the month) to submit your entry. On the 15th, we will end submissions and start a poll (If we get the limit of 10 rigs before the 14th, I`ll start it sooner). We then have the last 2+ weeks (to the last day of the month) for everyone to vote. On the 1st of each month, the winner will be announced!.

So, good luck! Have fun and may the best rig win!

Mike

How to post a pic

• Have a picture hosted on a site (i.e. CarDomain, Webshots, etc.).

• Right click on the picture (first click the pic to enlarge if you are using a CarDomain pic)

• Click on "Properties".

• Copy and paste the whole "location" (ends in ".jpg" for example)

• Come to this thread and Click "Post Reply"

• Click "Img" at the top, paste the Address you c&p`ed, and click "Img" again. Make sure there is a [img]before%20the%20beginning%20of%20the%20addy%20and%20a[/img] at the end of the addy

• Then fill your info below and click "Submit"

• Then drool over the other pics of the sweet rigs and wait for voting!:D

Last edited by Talon 1 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:42 am 

This is the closest to SNOW I have got to in the Desert and all :). Notice the MINI ME Liberty on top :).

Post subject: Here you go
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well I do live in So-Cal but get snow at my house every year believe it or not. Later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine:

Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:57 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

More So-Cal snow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We get lots of snow in South Dakota!

-Nick

Lost lifetime member - NB060402 -

Post subject: My First Entry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:24 am 
LOST Member

This photo was from December, as there is no snow on the ground now. Gotta love Michigan.

Base Renegade 4x4 Plus...
Mopar Skids
Hitch
Satelite Radio
Amp/Sub/Headunit
Tint
CB + Magmount Antenna
Backup Lights
Alarm w/ Shock Sensors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK, these are from last winter (not enough snow yet for new pics).

Before

After

2004 Sport with just enough to get me in trouble 8)
http://picasaweb.google.com/TRCorcoran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:27 pm 
LOST Member

ok here goes.. 2 images one from a while ago and one from a few weeks ago before christmas..

some of you might remember the area where I took this first picture was the same place I took the image that got into the LOST calendar :) This is an area right before Crabtree Meadows on the Blue Ridge Parkway.. It isnt an overlook but I always have pulled over here and taken pictures.. that old dead tree is still standing after hurricane winds and flooding that has caused major damage in our area and ice storms.. it still stands and is one of my favorite spots to take pictures.. this one came out awesome I think

and this one was from a few weeks ago.. I had setup Christmas decorations a few weeks before we had a big snow and ice storm and I had this sign here.. little did I know weeks after I put up the Christmas decorations we got 8" of snow then 2" of ice after that and well pefect picture.. I call it.. "Snowed Inn" :)

L.O.S.T. #123321

Last edited by brpn#1 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:40 pm 
LOST Member

Way to go Tim. You showed that snow pile who's boss. :lol: Nice pics everyone.

Here are mine.

This spot had a nice hill climb to get to this level spot. I couldn't get a pic of the climb since I was alone. I know, not smart but, I knew that I could back down safely if needed.

I drove into this driveway and backed right back out. As you can see, I plowed my way in. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]