It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FYI DaimlerChrysler business news
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Go to MSN Money and look for heading:

'Don't give DaimlerChrysler a Break"

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... APass.aspx

gee i wonder why they are in trouble? I think i saw Dr. Z jumping off the pier in Charleston SC making a swim for germany!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:40 pm 
Biodiesel Enthusiast
Biodiesel Enthusiast

It surprises me that DC has been able to stave off the fate of Ford and GM for this long. I am amazed how the big 3 can continue to misread the wants and needs of the American population. GM's newer Mellencamp ad campaign just kills me. It's as if they're saying "If you don't buy [an overpriced, unreliable] American car, you're a bad person." I just laugh.

L.O.S.T. # 068768
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders, Skid Row tranny skid, Wet Okole seat covers, Black Widow roof basket, front tow hooks, cargo/pet partition, all Amsoil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Weegie5 wrote:
It surprises me that DC has been able to stave off the fate of Ford and GM for this long. I am amazed how the big 3 can continue to misread the wants and needs of the American population. GM's newer Mellencamp ad campaign just kills me. It's as if they're saying "If you don't buy [an overpriced, unreliable] American car, you're a bad person." I just laugh.
What has keep Chrysler afloat is the LX series cars, (Magnum, Charger, & 300 C models) the diesel Cummins PU trucks and the Pacifica. The new Caliber seems to be doing well so far, but to soon say it is a winner. The 5.7L V8 LX car's are dieing on the vine, but the V6's models are doing well. Owner satification with the LX cars is high, even with the V8 cars. My Magnum has been the most trouble free new car (first year no less) I have ever owned, and I would replace it with another without hesitation. Actually my dream is for a AWD V6 diesel LX car in either a Magnum or Charger.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine