It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What exactly is the shutter ....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:53 am 
LOST Newbie

What exactly is the shudder? When does it happen and how strong does it feel. I'm at 7K miles on my '06 and really have not felt much.

psss ... I did have a CEL about 2 months ago after having a total loss of power and violent shaking. After turning the CRD off for a minute it came back on and never did it again. Dealer "supposedly" did a re-flash.

Tonight I got the CEL again. But the Jeep is running fine. I cant get the key or ODO reset option to give me a code.

_-o||||||||o-_
()_)¯¯¯¯()_)

http://www.miamitj.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:55 am 
LOST Member

Other than the initial shudder upon first start up which was cured by the dealer with a tsb, I have also never felt this shudder that seems to plague so many people here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:49 pm 
LOST Member

Its feels like brief periods of radip deceleration or like a string of five bumps in the road. I only get it after hard acceleration at about 60-70mph when I let off the throttle a lot. If you had it, you would know it

OD '48 Willys CJ2a: fresh motor, new wiring harness, stainless exhaust, bestop, 34" TSLs and about 200 hours into the thing, possibly FOR SALE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:41 am 
LOST Member

Same with crdburnouts I've only had it after a very hard accel followed by a let off. Still I wonder what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I had it the first mile after buying it on my 06 :shock: After a MILD aceleration getting up to speed and letting up to just maintain that speed is when it happens. Untill very recently at 53 mph but once or twice at 70 mph. Also can feel like a semi is passing and your getting air tubulance but no semi's around. The first time it happened it felt like it was running out of fuel. The salesman had just filled it up and I instantly thought "bad fuel". Recently I've had two tanks where it didn't shudder at all. Both tanks I had put in power service (for the first time) and the tank was labled ULSD. Some think it's air in the fuel. Could be but why at just those two mph points. I think it may be the ECM turning the EGR flow control valve on and off erratically. After the results of the F37 (mine is not included?) many report it"s still there and some didn"t heven have it before :?:

Last edited by Joe Romas on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What exactly is the shutter ....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

miamitj wrote:
Tonight I got the CEL again. But the Jeep is running fine. I cant get the key or ODO reset option to give me a code.

It's reported one of the latest flashes takes that ability away or at leasts modified's the procedure :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:34 am 
LOST Member

To me it feels like the transmission keeps shifting back and forth between two gears, unable to make up it's mind. It usually goes away as soon as I change my speed by accelerating a little.

245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:58 am 
LOST Junkie

I've nver had it but it sounds like the TC is locking/unlocking. FYI, there were similiar problems with the GC HEMI that were reported and the tranny/tc may be the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Mine seems to shudder really bad now, but only after I floor it and get up to speed. It almost feels like the thing is going to stall....but again...this only happens after I floor it. Anyone else have this happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine used to do it all the time, I have never had any re-flashes and it just stopped doing it one day. My Jeep seems to run better and better every day and I have done nothing but oil changes.