It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So far so good with dealer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:23 pm 
LOST Addict

Had to take my CRD in for service for the first time. Got a CEL at about 16,500 miles. Codes seem to point toward the EGR. I took it in Saturday. They didn't have the EGR valve of course, but I didn't really expect they would. I was pleasantly surprised when they went ahead and did the balljoint recall without even being asked. In looking at my paperwork, I notice that the F37 is mentioned on the receipt, but it was cancelled on the work order. I hadn't even mentioned either recall, so it was obviously computer generated. They never said a word about the F37, and that bothers me a little. On the other hand, I don't want to be an early adopter of the F37, so I need to keep my mouth shut. I had been dreading the day I needed service because I had bought out of state, but so far so good.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Ours was bought out of state as well. I am hoping for the best when it comes time for any dealer work. I think it is sort of concerning that they didnt even mention the F37 to you though. They probably think you dont have a clue about it though. But we know otherwise dont we.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:08 pm 
LOST Member

Jeger wrote:
Ours was bought out of state as well. I am hoping for the best when it comes time for any dealer work. I think it is sort of concerning that they didnt even mention the F37 to you though. They probably think you dont have a clue about it though. But we know otherwise dont we.

Guys ... call around to a few dealers in your area and ask them about their level of contact with Diesels. I think I am the only person with a CRD who goes to my dealer regularly. Fortunately though, the service tech who works on my CRD is a die-hard Cummins guy and he knows about diesels in general. Ask questions when you DON'T need them, not when you do ... otherwise you may have no choice when your truck needs service and your level of frustration is already high just from that.

I also bought mine out of state and during the first two weeks after I drove it home, I spoke to three different dealerships before I began using the one I go to for service now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:16 pm 
LOST Addict

richardkf wrote:
Jeger wrote:

Guys ... call around to a few dealers in your area and ask them about their level of contact with Diesels. I think I am the only person with a CRD who goes to my dealer regularly. Fortunately though, the service tech who works on my CRD is a die-hard Cummins guy and he knows about diesels in general. Ask questions when you DON'T need them, not when you do ... otherwise you may have no choice when your truck needs service and your level of frustration is already high just from that.

I also bought mine out of state and during the first two weeks after I drove it home, I spoke to three different dealerships before I began using the one I go to for service now.

Good advice, I have already been "interviewing" some potentials myself.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

richardkf wrote:
Jeger wrote:

Good advice, and that is what I did. The dealer I picked had the best price on parts locally and also sells lots and lots of the Dodge Cummins. They claim to have sold and serviced the CRDs quite a bit too. So far I am happy with them.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:44 pm 
LOST Addict

I wonder how long it takes to replace the EGR and EGR flow control valve. The diagnostic work is done, and the parts are at the dealer. Is same day turnaround too much to expect? Seems like a 4 or 5 hour job for somebody that has done it before? I'll find out tomorrow one way or the other I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:21 pm 
LOST Addict

In at 10 A.M. Out at 4 P.M. Intermittent low coolant light on drive home. I'll add a little coolant. Not a perfect job, but I can accept 99%. Fecal matter happens. :wink: Top off coolant tomorrow and it should be fine. They mentioned the F37 recall this time too. :roll: