It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ULSD Sighting - Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi all,

I stopped at one of my usual filling stations here in Laurel, MD and was pleasantly surprised to see the ULSD sticker on the pump :D

It read something like "Ultra-Low Sulfur Highway Diesel Fuel (15ppm Max), Required for use in 2007 and newer highway vehicles"

This was at the BP station on RT1 & Montgomery St. in Laurel. I was in between 1/4 and 1/2 tank and only pumped in 13 gal, so I will wait until next tank to do some mpg testing!

They must have just put the stickers on, because my father-in-law goes there too and neither of us has noticed anything other than the usual LSD stickers. They must have just switched over!

Post subject: Re: ULSD Sighting - Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:51 pm 
LOST Addict

no-blue-screen wrote:
Hi all,

I stopped at one of my usual filling stations here in Laurel, MD and was pleasantly surprised to see the ULSD sticker on the pump :D

It read something like "Ultra-Low Sulfur Highway Diesel Fuel (15ppm Max), Required for use in 2007 and newer highway vehicles"

This was at the BP station on RT1 & Montgomery St. in Laurel. I was in between 1/4 and 1/2 tank and only pumped in 13 gal, so I will wait until next tank to do some mpg testing!

They must have just put the stickers on, because my father-in-law goes there too and neither of us has noticed anything other than the usual LSD stickers. They must have just switched over!
Actually they can't post the stickers untill they are certified, which will only come after they have had a couple of fills of the ULSD fuel. If you have been buying there for any length of time then you started getting ULSD probably a couple of tanks back, as they perged the system. If you are a regular customer and buy fuel there on regular basis, the switch over for you would have been gradual and you may not have even noticed.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:19 am 
LOST Junkie

True, but I don't go to the same station every time. There is a BP up the road in Jessup that is usually 10 - 15 cents cheaper, so I had been going there when possible. Also, I sometimes fill up at Xtra fuels in baltimore since they are only charging 2.57 per gal. It has probably been about 4 tanks since I filled up at this station. But now this station and the Jessup station are the same price...so it is better just to go to this one since it is closer.

I don't know what is involved in the certification process, but I would imagine that most of the stations are getting ULSD now....it is just nice to see that they have put the labels out and are certifying that they are ULSD that is legal to use in 2007 and newer Diesels.