It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It is kinda funny lately that EGR failures don't seem to be mentioned much since the ULSD...

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

DarbyWalters wrote:
It is kinda funny lately that EGR failures don't seem to be mentioned much since the ULSD...

I noticed that as well... I just turned over 20K and have been kicking around whether I want the extended warranty or not. Since I haven't really had much problems yet, it is kind of a hard sell. From what I have read, I can wait to get the B2B 100k warranty until I reach 48k miles, so I may let it ride for a while. If the tranny thing doesn't cause me grief, I may just take the $1800 and buy a spare EGR and FCV. I already have the electronic version of the service manual, so surely I can figure out how to replace 'em. (Heck... I've even swapped out the injection pump on old diesels before, so it can't be that bad!)

I could also take the leftover $$ and get my lift for this thing... 8)

NEW RIDE: 2008 Flame Red JK Unlimited X 24S Dual tops, Auto, PW/L, Infinity Sound system, Sirius, Tow pkg, side steps
Added: Black fuel door, 7 pin Trailer lights, uConnect + iPod kit, bikini top, AutoPage 2-way alarm, Flexatrunk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:17 pm 
LOST Addict

DarbyWalters wrote:

You noticed that too. My hunch is the later reflashes have changed the flow control valve logic so it doesn't have to move as often. If the FCV stays in the wide-open position more, the gearing won't be as likely to bind. I'm now @ 21.5K on the original EGR hardware without a problem and never had a CEL but run almost entirely expressway in cruise control.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:22 pm 
LOST Member

I asked the mechanic what the re-flash he performed was supposed to do. He said it made it hotter to help the egr. I just said "oh,ok." That's the first i'd heard of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:02 am 
LOST Addict

I love mine as well. Daily runs on the autobahn at 100-110 mph, pulling th racecar to and from the track through the mountain back roads.9 months now I have had this KJ, no major issue and it just go t the 20,000 km service which is the 15K service i9n the book. The ball joints were replaced, all the filters replaced, oil changed, ESP recall and a great dealer that did it. Now I am waiting to get the new tires that are H-speed rated so I can try to see if it will cruise at 120 mph on the autobahn. I get around 16-19 mpg when I drive it like I stole it. I average 310-380 miles on a tank of fuel and I beat it like a red headed step child. If the KJ makes it till 100K miles I will be VERY HAPPY it made it that far with me behind the wheel. I am very hard on cars but I do give them the best care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:55 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
I asked the mechanic what the re-flash he performed was supposed to do. He said it made it hotter to help the egr. I just said "oh,ok." That's the first i'd heard of that.

Midwest, which flash was that?

03/15/2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD w/86,000 mi. Engine lube pump, Provent, V6 airbox mod, Magnaflow, gauges, Amsoil all around, & Wix air filter. Sunroof drain blocked on receipt, stubborn fuel leak at 2200 mi, 3 jammed windows, & 1 bad alternator decoupler, but it's still a keeper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:40 pm 
LOST Member

BioJeep wrote:
Quote:

Midwest, which flash was that?

18-018-05.... They also list TEB 25-001-05 REV A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Oz Ltd , I'm with you on this one. Majority of my 4x4 mates drive landcruisers and some of them are even wearing Jeep shirts. The ARB bullbar changed my life. I take this vehicle places that amazes my cruiser buddies. Besides who gives a toss when the blonde babe pulled up next to you at the lights can't stop eyeballing you ( or is it the car ), wish I knew!

1,5" spacer (locally made)
ARB Front Bull Bar
IPF mounted spots
BFG 245/70 RI6 A/T
Navstar 29MHz Radio
Frontrunner roof carrier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:40 am 
LOST Junkie

hardieman wrote:
Hey Oz Ltd , I'm with you on this one. Majority of my 4x4 mates drive landcruisers and some of them are even wearing Jeep shirts. The ARB bullbar changed my life. I take this vehicle places that amazes my cruiser buddies. Besides who gives a toss when the blonde babe pulled up next to you at the lights can't stop eyeballing you ( or is it the car ), wish I knew!

Hardieman, its great when you see and hear stuff like that. On that trail (with the pics) there were heaps of dirtbikers around. I had around 5 or 6 of them following us at one stage just to watch us going for it. One of them even bought out his video camer and took his helmet off to film me !! haha!! They really got excitied when I did that 3 wheel salute ;) In the flesh that was waaaaay more angled than it looks in the pics. I must admit, I did have a slight pucker :lol:

By the Way, the TJM Bars and Airflow Snorkles are going to find they're way to your part of the world in the VERY near future, so make sure you spread the word to the other KJ'ers ........... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:44 am 
LOST Member

CRD is for Wilderness, not city Highways
(12/14/06)
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value
Pros: A real SUV, built to handle desert and mountain off-roading
Cons: Acceleration lacks; makes up for it with brute power

The CRD is an absolute must here in south west Wyoming / northern Colorado. It has the power when you need it most snow covered mountains at 12,000 feet and the quality of ride through the high deserts. After reading previous reviews I must remind you this is NOT a vehicle for city driving. This is a true Sport Utility Vehicle, not a soccer mom minivan. It is built to get you through harsh enviroments. If you're in the city, get one of those SUV/minivan/sedan vehicles out. If you are in the God's country, get yourself the only small SUV built for it... the Liberty CRD.

Post subject: Re: Lets start talking about how good our CRD's are, not how
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OzLtd wrote:
I'm sick of seeing negative posts about this and that with the CRD and its tranny - whatever.

Amen! That’s why I rarely look into and post on this section of LOST.

I have had my CRD since Sept '05. At 22 or 23,000 miles the EGR went. Other than that. I have never had a problem with the diesel. I love this Jeep :D

I'm sorry some people have experienced many problems. I don't dispute there issues. But, enough already with the whining.

Warn M8000 winch
On board Air
Ham radios
Skidrow and kilby skids

Former: '05 Patriot Blue CRD. Lifted, locked, and a few other toys.

Post subject: Re: Lets start talking about how good our CRD's are, not how
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 am 
LOST Addict

W3CSX wrote:
OzLtd wrote:
I'm sick of seeing negative posts about this and that with the CRD and its tranny - whatever.

Amen! That’s why I rarely look into and post on this section of L.O.S.T..

I have had my CRD since Sept '05. At 22 or 23,000 miles the EGR went. Other than that. I have never had a problem with the diesel. I love this Jeep :D

I'm sorry some people have experienced many problems. I don't dispute there issues. But, enough already with the whining.

So, if you had an ongoing problem, you wouldn't ask about it here? That is all most of the people being called whiners are doing. It is about expanding the knowledge base. Do you call the people with blown diffs in the 4 x 4 section whiners? How about all the "My lift clunks, clangs, bangs" posters? I guess they are just whiners too? This section of the forum has probably fixed more CRDs than the average dealer has seen.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:37 am 
LOST Member

Very true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:00 am 
LOST Member

I bought my CRD in april of 05, currently I have 31,000 miles, yes I've had 2 EGR's replaced and now I've gotta go in for the Tranny but I Love my rig, its a great vehicle to drive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's actually my wife's and both of us just love this thing... It's a blast to drive and we've had no problems of any kind... The only reason I like my Superduty more is it sits much higher :D ....

Ken....