It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: slow engaging reverse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

ok one quick question in the mornings on my way out when i put in reverse and it doesnt engage it just sits for a few seconds then it engages is that normal ? I was told sometime the tc drains out part ways and might take a sec to fill up

Post subject: Re: slow engaging reverse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:50 pm 
LOST Addict

tjfisher*CRD wrote:
ok one quick question in the mornings on my way out when i put in reverse and it doesnt engage it just sits for a few seconds then it engages is that normal ? I was told sometime the tc drains out part ways and might take a sec to fill up

That's right. It's also under a TSB to fix defective transmission filters causing the problem. How old is your Jeep? If you haven't got the F37 recall done, mention this problem as they need to replace your transmission filters.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

well i had them f37 done and they said the did something for this and it came right back so i take it they didnt do anything like usual

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 pm 
LOST Addict

tjfisher*CRD wrote:
well i had them f37 done and they said the did something for this and it came right back so i take it they didnt do anything like usual

Sounds like you a dealer problem and got some shoddy recall work done. Not to rub it in but mine is running flawlessly since the F37. Shifts and drives like a completely different vehicle.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:47 pm 
LOST Addict

RFCRD wrote:
tjfisher*CRD wrote:

Sounds like you a dealer problem and got some shoddy recall work done. Not to rub it in but mine is running flawlessly since the F37. Shifts and drives like a completely different vehicle.
Sounds like they only put in the 1.25 quarts of tranny fluid as the F37 says to do, problem is that is about a 1/3 of the amount required and you could be 2 to 3 quarts low. Check your trans fluid hot (10 mile rnd trip) with it in park and it shoud be at the top edge of the hot mark.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

i did check it hot and level spot heck i live in fl its all flat and level :D but it didnt start till a few days after i will check again tonight other than that she runs and shift perfect no issues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Has anyone else noticed a major difference when comparing a HOT tranny level check to a warm tranny check. The regular 10 mile easy drive gives a level full reading for me. But if I have been pulling a load it reads overfull, I have only got to check this once so it could be a fluke I suppose.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Jeger wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a major difference when comparing a HOT tranny level check to a warm tranny check. The regular 10 mile easy drive gives a level full reading for me. But if I have been pulling a load it reads overfull, I have only got to check this once so it could be a fluke I suppose.
The tranny cooler will be keeping the fluid cooler then you expected is probably the reason. When checking tranny fluids hot, it means hot almost like the engine oil. I use the 10 mile run also for checking, but have the O/D off to have the RPM's up and help heat the fluid in the cooler days. You have to have a normal heat range and that is why you check it hot w/o towing so that there is room for further expansion w/o damaging tranny. They plan for that when designing the tranny.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine