It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post F37 woes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

My wife had made mention of an odd shift, but every time I had driven it nothing was worse then the pre f37, until I took it out fresh from a good night long sit in the drive way, ouch! The first few shifts from 1st - 2nd (maybe a lock at low speed) was horrid and neck snapping, I had a put a stage 2 in an old TH-350 and it wasn't as sever as these shifts, after warm-up and even a brief shutdown it will not repeat, until a long rest. She also claims that early in the morning it will tend to stay in the lower gears even at cruising speeds hanging the R's at ~2500 for extended periods before shifting.

I will echo the transmissions tendencies to want to stay in the revs when accelerating, although I will say once it's in OD it would rather stay there (which is fine with me), ie. it will take quite a bit of lugging before it drops the lock in OD. The bucking is still there and maybe more pronounced then before.

I wish Allison would build us a tranny, I loved it behind the duramax on the Box i used to run, maybe we could beg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Low tranny fluid level may be responsible for your problem. The Liberty post this ECU reprogram now rev's like a Honda VTEC :-( and doesn't take advantage of a diesel's low end torque.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Low fluid may the culprit. Not to long after picking up my CRD from getting the F-37 done I noticed it had trouble shifting. I pulled over and immediately checked the fluid levels, sure enough there was little or none on the dipstick. Drove her back to the dealer, complained and they refilled it. Utter incomptence from the Jeep dealership down here in Florida!
However she is now shifting very smoothly with no notice of the loss of torque.
Thanks to this forum for informing me about the possibility of the tech's not putting in enough tranny fluid. I could of drove for miles with a tranny on the brink of seizing.
D

Detroit shall Rise Again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:54 pm 
LOST Member

the_dude wrote:
... checked the fluid levels, sure enough there was little or none on the dipstick. Drove her back to the dealer, complained and they refilled it. Utter incomptence from the Jeep dealership down here in Florida!
Would you name names? Who is this dealer that other Floridians may avoid him.

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:04 am 
LOST Junkie

the_dude wrote:
Low fluid may the culprit. Not to long after picking up my CRD from getting the F-37 done I noticed it had trouble shifting. I pulled over and immediately checked the fluid levels, sure enough there was little or none on the dipstick. Drove her back to the dealer, complained and they refilled it. Utter incomptence from the Jeep dealership down here in Florida!
However she is now shifting very smoothly with no notice of the loss of torque.
Thanks to this forum for informing me about the possibility of the tech's not putting in enough tranny fluid. I could of drove for miles with a tranny on the brink of seizing.
D

I got mine back seemed to be shifting better but more transmision noise and vibration under load. Took a road trip and on when heading back home the next day (after it sat outsdie rather than in the nice warm garage) it wouldn't go into over drive for a good 10 miles then it was ok. Checked the fluid when I got home and it was above add but not full. Went back to the dealer and they checked the level and said they are supposed to add fluid if is above the add line?