It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Customer Service Please!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:54 pm 
LOST Member

Well I broke down and called DC customer serivce and explained to them my situation. 42 days out of service, and I can not continue to bring the jeep in every month, and have it break down on the wife with my 2 babys in the car. The DC Rep asked about it being in for the same repair for the oil leak, and seemed to dwell on that.
Well the dealer finally fixed it, but busted my AC lines with out telling me and not fixing it. But, I didnt care they were going to fix it. She just seemed to dwell on that. Finallly she came back and said," There is nothing we can do for you." No lemon, no extended warranty, nothing. I couldnt believe how rude she was. I was calm and collected the entire time and told nothing but the facts. She saw the service records herself. And the utter dis respect Chrysler has for its customers. So, im going to turn this over to a attorney now, who has said, that the case looks good for a buy back. I like the CRD and would love to keep it, just after the 3/36000 warranty is over I cant afford the time or money to keep it. I have the 7/70 Max care but thats even going to cost me 100 bucks a shot. Heck, I would be happy wiht a 100k $0 deductible. At least the dealer gave me lifetime oil changes.

Parts replaced so far...
2 egrs, 2 glow plugs, glow plug controller , 1 mix valve, 1 cac, 2 ccvs, 1 bcm, valve cover gasket, injecter gaskets,. Just a starter list, im sure the detailed list is longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:14 am 
LOST Junkie

Are you sure that you have a competent dealer or someone who is just throwing parts at a problem? DC or any auto manufacturer will never volunteer to buyback a lemon vehicle unless pressed or threatened with civil proceedings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:26 pm 
LOST Member

Well, this is my second dealer i am on right now, and both seem to do the same thing. Throw parts at it. Break more stuff, and dont tell me about it. Theres not any more competent dealers near me that can work on the CRD.
Attorny advised me that it looks like this will not even make it to court, thanks to the fact that I kept very good records of everything that dc did. Looks like we are going to litigate it and see what dc offers.

If it was just me I wouldnt care about taking it to the dealer, but I have a wife that drives the CRD with 2 babys in it, and I dont think putting there lives at risk for a car is worth it. EGR went out once with her driving it, almost didnt make it accross the intersection. I just dont have the time to take it in twice a month also.