It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have done just about everything with my CRD and haven't had one of the problems with tranny or EGR. Pulling fuel trailers, grain wagons in the field, rounding up cattle, taking road trips, four wheeling thru some hefty amounts of snow and mud checking out the farm. Not one of problems that seem to plague many here. Heck, my wife used it to pull my semi tractor uphill on our long driveway. I go a lot of places that my neighbors with their Ford, Chevy, and Dodge pickups can't get thru. Heck, my neighbor couldn't get his Ford 250 up his drive today after the latest snow, yet we went right up to his house door without a problem. Only glich I have had was the ESP / ABS sensor took a bite. Quick change and all was solved. Just regular maintenance. Did the EH mod is all. Only compaint is the shift points for 4th and 5th.

I think if I was depressed as the posts sound here, a Remington 870 in the mouth would solve the problem. I don't know you are doing to your CRD's to cause these issues but I recommend you get something else. If you want, I'll take it off your hands cheap. :wink:

Maybe I got the only CRD built right, but that seems not likely. As for me, I like it and am glad I bought it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Cowpie1 wrote:

I think if I was depressed as the posts sound here, a Remington 870 in the mouth would solve the problem.

Hmmmmm....... That would mean you would need to use your "Big Toe" to push instead of "pull" the trigger. :shock: :shock: :shock:

New EGR Flow Control Valve @ 25,020 miles
New Transfer Case input/output seals @ 32,787 miles
SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles
SunCoast TC and Transgo Shift Kit @ 52,000 miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm 
LOST Member

retmil46 wrote:
I'd have suggested the following - "You already have a pretty reliable diesel drivetrain in the 47RE and 48RE trannys you put behind a Cummins in your Ram pickups. If it'll hold up behind a Cummins, it should be bulletproof behind this four banger at half the power and torque. And you'll have commonality, reduced parts inventory, as far as the drivetrain components between your diesel vehicle lines. Plus these trannys are already a known quantity with your dealers and mechanics, if a service tech knows how to service the tranny on a Cummins, he'll know how to do it on a CRD, you won't have to spend the time and money training them to service another tranny."

The 48RE will be no longer with the advent of the 6.7L Cummins January 2nd, 2007.

The Cab & Chassis are using an AISIN 6 speed auto (drove one at Cornett Chrysler in Irvine, KY last Friday--------nice). The AISIN in the Cab & Chassis applications have a 3 year / 180,000 mile warranty. They are coupled to the 305/610 HPCR Cummins 6.7L .

The 350/650 HPCR Cummins 6.7L will be coupled to an in-house 68RFE 6 speed auto.

Maybe DC should cram the AISIN behind our little CRD's. If my buy-back turns into a reality, the CRD may be applied to a Cab & Chassis and my 2003 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab may get traded in on a new Sebring or 2008 Avenger.

Greg

*SOLD*2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 CRD, Bright Silver Metallic, Dk/Lt Slate Gray Leather w/bun warmers, 5 spd auto, 22G pkg, Trailer Tow, 3.73 Rear Axle w/Trac-Lok Differential, P235/70R16 Firestone Destination LE's, Power Sunroof, Selec-Trac 4WD, Infinity 6-Disc In-Dash, Magnaflow #15870 System.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

DarbyWalters wrote:
If this stuff gets out to the general public, the backlash will cost DC much more than a proper fix.

........................................HEADLINES..........................................

DC leaves over 11,000 Jeep Liberty CRD Owners "OUT TO DRY"

In an attempt to cut (and run) costs, DC who owns the "Jeep" line of automobiles decides to abandon customers that purchased the first midsize Diesel SUV sold in America...The Jeep Liberty CRD. Jeep enthusiasts that took the "plunge" on this new entry in the SUV Market, are left soaking wet with a Transmission that was not designed to work with a Torque Developing Diesel. Although there are other bigger diesels on the market in the states (including the DC backed Dodge Cummins Diesel), DCJeep has decided to take the "low road" and abandon thier loyal customers. What will this mean for the new Grand Cherokee BlueTec Diesel coming in the near future? How confident will any new buyers be with DC's commitment toward honoring thier warranty if they "could not" or "will not" take care of 11,000 CRDs already sold and ignored? This does not look good for customer relations or future sales of DC vehicles. Only time will tell!

***Just a small sampling of possible "bad press" that DC can expect in the future***

A friend of mine had enough when his boost sensor went bad and it was in the shop a week waiting for parts and traded it in at a Honda dealership and they were aware of all the problems So I think it is no secret. I think emission related parts and sensors are in short supply along with tranmission parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:00 pm 
LOST Addict

offroadsubaru wrote:
RFCRD wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
A Jeep dealership that I talked to on the phone told me that they will not take the CRD as a trade in. That’s right, that same dealership that sold the CRD new are not and will not take them as a trade in. They said they are nothing but a headache and do not want to work on them either. I thought this was a poor attitude since they are a Jeep dealership and should take responsibility for their own vehicles.

This would be an interesting twist. This is starting to sound like a certain model of bus I used to sell. The next event will be finance sources not willing to fund them because owners develop a model-specific history of defaulting when they can't fix them and can't trade them. They quickly become "Buy-here, pay-here" specials on the $1000 lot.

I don't know about your respective areas of the country, but here in the Pacific Northwest, CRD prices are doing anything but cratering.

The cheapest CRD I can find on Autotrader within 300 miles is $22k. I give the number of (bio)diesel enthusiasts in Seattle & Portland & the surrounding areas credit.

Just a friendly suggestion:

Encapsulate a long URL like this:

Short and sweet

And we won't have to page right for thirty minutes on this whole page. :wink:

P.S. Darn that is a long URL!

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k