It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: They just don't want to listen...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:48 pm 
LOST Member

I received a call from a survey company yesterday about recent service (an oil change) at my dealer. Since I rated them merely good on the call (the middle of the road choice among five choices) they wanted to know why. I let the surveyor know this was the third time the dealer's front office for service wrote up the oil change on the computer for a gas vehicle when I had reminded them it was a diesel the first thing when I stepped out of the car. (Not to mention the very large CRD advertisement on the back of the vehicle.) In all cases the tech later assigned to do the work appeared to be the only one paying attention and revised the order. But it's still annoying.

So, today an actual DC representative called me at work to ask me the same questions again. One of the questions was, "Would you recommend a Jeep vehicle to others based on your dealer experience." I told them No, and without pausing gave them a 30 second run down on how it wasn't so much the dealer that is putting me off Jeeps, but the mishandling of the vehicle by DC management with a poorly designed EGR, oil vapor foolishly ducted through hoses to equipment that shouldn't have oil in them, the inadequately designed torque converter and pump and DC's refusal to address it with a correct replacement. She was quiet so long afterwards that I thought I might have accidentally killed her with surprise. And then she went on to the next question.

So, I don't get the impression this person from DC wanted to know how badly DC is screwing up. It seems she was only interested in collecting dirt on the dealer, so the dealer could be blamed for customer unhappiness with the CRDs.

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've just retired from the computer repair field and can tell you for sure that doo doo runs down hill :shock: The whole survey thing is pointed to the guy at the bottom, in this case your dealer :? Your example shows the service writer was window dressing :lol: Unfortunatly when your survey gets processed your dealer will look very bad and your efforts to explain DC's problems will be totally missed by the outside contracting company doing the survey :cry: The thing they're trying to check up on is your "dealer experience" :lol: Just too bad they don't call us and ask broder questions about our "jeep ownership experience" :?: :idea: The 5 star dealers should be backed up by a 5 star company :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 am 
LOST Member

They do call about the Jeep owning experiance, about a week after you buy it. Maybe they should wait a whole year.

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

I have called customer service number several times and about the CRD EGR and transmission issues wanting to know what they are going to do and ask for details on how much they detuned the CRD. They just say ask the dealer. The dealer says ask them so around and around we go getting know where. It isn't the dealer its the company leaving them out to dry.