It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cleaning sensors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello my CRD has about 13000 miles on it. I did the EHM and Rotella at about 3000 miles. I want to clean some of the sensors I have read about in here before. Does any one have a list of the sensors that need to be cleaned and any pictures?

Also, when I parked the CRD last night the whole garage smelled like brakes. Sure enough the drivers rear wheel was really hot, but the rest were fine. I figure the caliper stuck. I took it into the dealer this morning and of course, everything was fine. I have been getting it pretty muddy on county roads, but I usually get it to an automatic car wash and get the undercarraige a few days after I'be had it in the mud. Anybody else ever experienced this?

Thanks for the help and pictures.

Post subject: Re: cleaning sensors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:03 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

mcompound wrote:
Hello my CRD has about 13000 miles on it. I did the EHM and Rotella at about 3000 miles. I want to clean some of the sensors I have read about in here before. Does any one have a list of the sensors that need to be cleaned and any pictures?

Also, when I parked the CRD last night the whole garage smelled like brakes. Sure enough the drivers rear wheel was really hot, but the rest were fine. I figure the caliper stuck. I took it into the dealer this morning and of course, everything was fine. I have been getting it pretty muddy on county roads, but I usually get it to an automatic car wash and get the undercarraige a few days after I'be had it in the mud. Anybody else ever experienced this?

Thanks for the help and pictures.

Look on the Faqs for CRD page. There are pics of the MAP sensor cleaning. That is the only one I know of. I used brake cleaner on mine. Dries fast and leaves no residue. I had to hose my brakes off when I was on a very dusty trail once. They were smelly and sqwaky. A bunch of dust came out of there and that solved it.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:34 pm 
LOST Member

See this Chrysler brake bulletin : http://alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/1153292 ... index.html

I printed mine and took it in with me. I'm sure it'll surprise you, but there seems to be trouble with the rear brakes on some Libertys......
I got new callipers, rotors and hardware in rear brakes.

If you're having stupid-dealer trouble, see the sticky with great dealerships listed. There may be one in your area.

-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter